Mechanic Class A - Adams WI
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Mechanic Class A - Adams WI
201 West Grove St
Adams, Wisconsin, 53910
The Adams plant is seeking a 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic Class A who will be an integral part of the Maintenance Team to provide support of the WestRock Adams plant.
The Adams plant is seeking a 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic Class A who will be an integral part of the Maintenance Team to provide support of the WestRock Adams plant
This position is responsible for supporting our plant production and facility equipment by performing mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs to minimize production downtime and improve production performance. The candidate must demonstrate basic electrical competency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with all company Safety Procedures and OSHA regulations.
- Troubleshoot and perform mechanical repairs involving hydraulic, steam and pneumatic plant production equipment, buildings, building systems, grounds, and material handling equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspection tasks on plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic electrical repair tasks involving machine motors, motor drives, machine control systems, material handling systems, lighting and building power systems ranging from 12VDC to 480VAC.
- Able to test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters and voltmeters.
- Perform basic welding.
- Perform basic machining (lathe, mill, drill press, grinder, band saw).
- Read and interpret blueprints/schematic diagrams.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Perform work in high places, ladders, manlifts, mezzanine, etc..
- Must be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Must be able to lift 26 to 50lbs on regular basis.
- Must have a telephone and live within a reasonable communting distance from the plant.
- Must able to perform in tasks in a hot work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
An Associate degree in an industrial maintenance related field, or have a state indentured millwright journeyman status or equivalent is preferred, with a minimum of 3 years related experience and demonstrated competence of the required skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. May require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and basic computer skills, and demonstrate proficiency in and/or ability to learn WRMD Proprietary Systems, Word, and Excel programs.
The Maintenance Mechanic A must have working knowledge of machines and power tools required to perform their job.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.