Maintenance Technician - Adams WI
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
This position is responsible for supporting our plant production and facilities equipment by performing skilled electrical maintenance and repairs to minimize production downtime and improve production performance. The ideal candidate must be multi-skilled and have the ability and willingness to work on mechanical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with all company Safety Procedures and OSHA regulations.
· Performs maintenance mechanical and electrical repairs on all machinery, equipment and systems in the Plant. This includes adjustments, calibrations, troubleshooting, installations, monitoring and other duties required to minimize machinery and equipment downtime without compromising workmanship and quality.
· Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the electrical controls and devices utilized on Plant equipment, machinery and systems including, but not limited to, PLC’s, AC and DC drives, motor controllers, positioning devices and motion control systems.
· Troubleshoot, install and program PLC’s.
· Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the electrical service and distribution systems in the Plant and performs work necessary to provide electrical service to new and relocated machinery and equipment including the planning and layout of conduit, wiring and other electrical devices and materials.
· Ability to install, troubleshoot and repair systems ranging from 12VDC to 480VAC/600 AMPS.
· Must be able to utilize internet to access OEM technical information and download information (prints, programs, specs, etc.)
· Must be able to read and interpret blueprints/schematic diagrams
· Must be able to distinguish colors.
· Ability to remove and install computers (PC based, touch screens, etc.), and install software for equipment control.
· Perform work in high places, ladders, manlifts, mezzanine, ect.
· Must be able to obtain a forklift license.
· Must lift 26 to 50lbs on regular basis.
· Must have a telephone and live within a reasonable comminuting distance from the plant.
· Working in hot areas required.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
An associate degree in an electrical related field is required (Electronics, Electrical Power, Computer Electronics, or state indentured electrical journeyman status) with a minimum of 3 years work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.