About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st SHIFT MAINTENANCE ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN- Adams, WI
201 West Grove St
Adams, Wisconsin, 53910
This position is 1st Shift and responsible for supporting our plant manufacturing equipment by performing electrical maintenance tasks to minimize production downtime and improve plant performance. The ideal candidate must be multi-skilled and have the ability and willingness to work on mechanical equipment.
How You Will Impact WestRock
Support the Vision, Mission & Values of WestRock Safety and operational Programs. Leads by example, safety and accountability are a fundamental responsibility of each team member.
Responsible for day to day maintenance repairs, service and troubleshooting of plant manufacturing equipment.
o Hydraulic, Steam, Pneumatics
o Material Transfer Conveyors and Handling Equipment
o Building Grounds and Components
General Functions, Skills and Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the electrical controls and devices utilized on plant manufacturing equipment and building components.
· Experience and troubleshooting ability with programmable logic components, AC and DC variable drives and motors, motor control systems, and positioning devices.
· Able to test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters and voltmeters.
· Experience and ability working with electrical systems ranging from 12VDC to 480VAC.
· Must be able to access OEM information via web (prints, programs, specs, etc.).
· Must be able to read and interpret blueprints/schematic diagrams.
· Must be able to distinguish colors.
· Ability to remove and install computers (PC based, touch screens, etc.), and install software for equipment control.
· Perform work in high places, ladders, manlifts, mezzanine, etc.
· Must be able to obtain a forklift license.
· Must be able lift 26 to 50lbs on regular basis.
What You need to Succeed
Target and achieve results, sets and accomplish challenging goals, prioritize and manage tasks
Ability to work independently and accept ownership of projects but also able to work in team environment
Clear and concise verbal and written communication with attention to detail and accuracy.
Strong commitment to customer focus, both internal and external, assumes responsibility for solving customer issues in a timely manner.
An electrical degree and/or certification is required or proof of equivalent work experience, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. High school diploma or GED required.
Candidate should have knowledge of basic computer skills and demonstrate proficiency and or ability to learn WRMD Proprietary Systems, Word, and Excel programs.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining
a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.