About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Assurance Technician, 3rd Shift MPS Chicago-Woodridge, IL
2300 Internationale Parkway
Woodridge, Illinois, 60517
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for supporting all aspects of the quality system to help establish, train and audit processes across the Company to ensure the required goals are being achieved. The processes will be documented in and consistent with the Quality Management Systems (QMS) requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs AQL (Acceptable Quality Limits) Inspections of Raw Materials, In-Process Audits, and Final Inspections to ensure product quality standards are met throughout the manufacturing process.
Provides/initiates feedback report for quality failure.
Organizes offline inspection activities (Documentation, Inspection Criteria, etc.).
Documents any internal/external product/process related non-conformity in ER (Errors Report) system.
Provides necessary support to resolve customer ER’s and other quality related issues.
Provides detailed information of AQL failure to appropriate management.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a quality role required.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.