Quality Engineer - San Angelo, TX
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Engineer - San Angelo, TX
3348 Pulliam St
San Angelo, Texas, 76905
GENERAL PURPOSE: Manage continuous improvement of manufacturing through the development and implementation of quality systems to ensure products are designed and produced to meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, and standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of a quality management system and its development, documentation and implementation.
- Performs internal audits to assess compliance to standards and the quality system including
- planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Hosts customer audits and ensures compliance to customer requirements.
- Develops and implements quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem solving.
- Plans, controls and assures product/process quality through planning, change control, material control, sampling methods, and measurement systems.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of problem solving and quality improvement tools/techniques including but not limited to; fishbone, 5why, brainstorming, Pareto, SPC, MSA,Gage R&R, 8D, pFMEA, Quality Control Plans, DOE, CAPA.
- Performs equipment/process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Acquires and analyzes data to facilitate process analysis and improvement.
- Provides direction in the development of inspection plans, FAI, start-up in-process and final product inspection, testing protocols.
- Applies sound systematic problem solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues.
- Identifies “critical to quality” characteristics for each production process.
- Evaluates data and recommends changes based on the information.
- Works with production team to develop processes to meet customer needs.
- Supports operations, production, and Sales with improvement efforts.
- Provides assistance with process troubleshooting and optimization analysis.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have an Associate’s degree in a related field and 2 years Quality experience, or a combination of training, experience, and Certified Quality Engineer certificate.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to respond to customer inquiries, complaints, regulatory agencies.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Must be comfortable with effectively presenting information to top management and public groups.
- Must have good mathematical skills, especially knowledge and skill in statistics.
- Must be competent in Excel, Powerpoint, and other Outlook products.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.