Quality Auditor - 1st and 2nd Shift - Patchogue, NY
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Auditor - 1st and 2nd Shift - Patchogue, NY
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist manufacturing in maintaining required quality standards by performing quality inspections throughout a job run as well as by performing final inspections on specified product, including verifying weight counts and completing daily reports and machine inspections.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assists manufacturing in maintaining the required quality standards through ongoing inspection.
• Verifies clearance on production floor.
• Proofreads first sheet off press, at beginning of job and at start-up of each shift and at regular intervals and make quality decisions.
• Understands the concept of front to back resignation and verification of bar code placement per customer specifications.
• Audits production forms, documentation and inventory job ticket contents.
• Performs disposition of defective material, write and enter defect reports in to the computer.
• Performs quality checks of execution of bindery roll inserts, folded inserts and day labels.
• Verifies proper product running in each area as well as proper size, count, replacement of identifying labels and proper packaging.
• Processes the job ticket at the end of the job; including disposition of samples, tailgate samples and C of A.
• Stages the job tickets in the proper production box.
• C of A reviews for paper and ink
• Operates the AVIA proofreading system to complete comparisons.
• Uses Company supplied PPE equipment when necessary.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, company policies & safety rules.
• Audits all operator processes against Standard Operating Procedures; including challenging the electronics of the machines at required intervals.
• Verifies product integrity to job specifications – structure, color, size, layout, etc. using variety of tools, measures and methods.
• Identifies suspect product by completing and placing a hold tag on the load.
• Reads and understands the combo and job tickets for quantities, selection numbers, size specifications, or other customer specifications and production paperwork before beginning the job.
• Reports any questions or problems to the Quality Assurance Manager.
• Collects and visually inspects customer samples for color variance, size, and cosmetic defects before forwarding to sample area for processing.
• Releases jobs to the shipping department as needed.
• Completes required job and weight count reports daily.
• Performs final inspections for specified customers.
• Weighs jobs for count verification.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D).
• Must have minimum two years’ recent experience in graphic arts in quality, print/packaging, or the equivalent technical or vocational experience in quality processing.
• Must be able to read a ruler.
• Must pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to meet deadlines in an environment where interruptions occur.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to distinguish colors to inspect product.
• Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Ability to make quality decisions by relying on available information training
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
• Must be able to perform essential functions of job with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must communicate well with people and possess interpersonal skills.
****Relocation Assistance offered for experienced candidates****
Shift Premium offered for 2nd and 3rd shift
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.