About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Coordinator - Lithia Springs, GA
600 Riverside Parkway, Suite 200
Lithia Springs, Georgia, 30122
Quality Coordinator- Lithia Springs, GA
A Quality Coordinator position is open in our new Lithia Springs Pre- Print Facility. The position will report to the Quality Manager in the facility.
The position will ensure that:
- Quality is maintained to expected standards and tolerances by press personnel.
- Quality procedures, testing and sample collection processes are being followed.
- Quality checks are completed before the roll is being released to the customer.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Oversee and maintain quality control lab.
- Review and sign retain samples and escalate any quality concerns to the Quality Manager or Plant Superintendent/Plant Manager as well as any full rejected rolls.
- Perform all routine calibration/verification and inspection of measurement devices.
- Quarantine non-conforming products under the instructions of a supervisor.
- Assist quality manager on training on: quality procedures, quality systems (i.e. X-rite, Techkon), quality equipment (i.e Quadtech, BST ProMark), and recognition of quality issues on samples and any other quality related items as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating plant color database.
- Responsible for reviewing all production dockets and ensuring proper colors are uploaded.
- Responsible for record keeping, filing, reviewing of quality control documents as needed.
- Ensures print portfolio contents are complete and Full Web Mylar is available, Proper Planning of Materials.
- Record and file inspection results.
- Pull customer samples and reserve as required.
- Assess measure and submit samples to customers as per established procedures (i.e. P&G, Anheuser-Busch, etc.).
- Collect and submit samples of rejected stock to the paper mill.
- Assist with quality problem solving and trouble-shooting activities.
- Assist in responding to customer complaints, investigations and performing PSB meetings.
- Coordinate PSB completion with supervisors and their crews, reviewing and ensuring proper completion and auditing PSB actions for sustainability.
- Assist in generating quality best practices procedures and uploading them in CPro.
- Assists in ensuring plant color management software is maintained and updated.
- Audit supervisors and press crews on work instruction and quality best practices adherence.
- Audit all press retains and reports on adherence to quality standards.
- Serve as a runner or expeditor during Customer and Third-Party Audits.
- Participate in continuous improvement/Performance Excellence initiatives.
- Act as a back-up to the Quality Manager.
- It is the employee's responsibility to adhere to the requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
- This general summary is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Specific duties may be revised, expanded or changed in priority due to circumstances of at the request of the Regional Quality Manager.
What you need to succeed:
- High School Diploma with a University Degree preferred.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt with a Sig Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in printing and/ or quality related environment.
- Strong background in computers and MS office applications. Able to produce high-quality, accurate and data based reports.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to constantly change priorities in a very dynamic environment.
- Flexible, self-directed and results oriented.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans