Audits quality systems, processes, and products.
Conducts final inspections and batch/ticket reviews as required.
Facilitates root-cause analysis of internal nonconformance and customer service issues, follows-up, and records corrective actions.
Determines and communicates acceptability of product and action for handling nonconforming product.
Writes work instructions and procedures for quality functions and facilitates the development of work instructions for other departments.
Responds to operators’ questions about the Quality System.
Interacts with managers, supervisors, and customers and leads in writing, over the phone, and in person.
Provides training of Quality Systems as required.
Promotes a positive quality culture.
Orders supplies for quality area.
Assists in project management responsibilities.
Leads internal audits, including planning, scheduling, conducting, and reporting of internal audit results as needed.
Analyzes and trends internal nonconformance, customer complaints, and internal audit results.
Defines levels of acceptance for quality defects using samples, drawings, and/or definitions.
Clarifies and simplifies existing Quality System documentation.
Attends customer and safety meetings and participates in customer audits and safety activities.
Presents data to all levels of the organization.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum one year related experience and/or training.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Must be able to write routine reports and business correspondences.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Must be able to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
Must have the ability to use basic algebra and geometry to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, area, circumference, and volume.
Must have proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively by telephone and provide information/assistance to customers.
- Must have knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Must be able to establish, maintain and retrieve permanent files.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Must have a general understanding/knowledge of machinery, tools, and gages for auditing, troubleshooting, and calibration.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.