1st Shift Quality Specialist
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
1st Shift Quality Specialist
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Support, promote, and maintain the Quality System. Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the system and the overall product quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Audits quality systems, processes, and products.
Conducts final inspections and batch/ticket reviews as required.
Facilitates root-cause analysis of internal nonconformance and customer service issues, follows-up, and records corrective actions.
Determines and communicates acceptability of product and action for handling nonconforming product.
Writes work instructions and procedures for quality functions and facilitates the development of work instructions for other departments.
Responds to operators’ questions about the Quality System.
Interacts with managers, supervisors, and customers and leads in writing, over the phone, and in person.
Provides training of Quality Systems as required.
Promotes a positive quality culture.
Orders supplies for quality area.
Assists in project management responsibilities.
Leads internal audits, including planning, scheduling, conducting, and reporting of internal audit results as needed.
Analyzes and trends internal nonconformance, customer complaints, and internal audit results.
Defines levels of acceptance for quality defects using samples, drawings, and/or definitions.
Clarifies and simplifies existing Quality System documentation.
Attends customer and safety meetings and participates in customer audits and safety activities.
Presents data to all levels of the organization.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum one year related experience and/or training.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Must be able to write routine reports and business correspondences.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
Must be able to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
Must have the ability to use basic algebra and geometry to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, area, circumference, and volume.
Must have proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively by telephone and provide information/assistance to customers.
- Must have knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Must be able to establish, maintain and retrieve permanent files.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Must have a general understanding/knowledge of machinery, tools, and gages for auditing, troubleshooting, and calibration.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.