Quality Assurance Engineer - Evadale, TX
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Assurance Engineer - Evadale, TX
Evadale, Texas, 77615
In this role you will assist QA Dept. with support for the various Quality Systems at the Evadale Mill. You will help to sustain, build, and develop a “Best in class organization” to support the long-term growth of the business. You will help drive the execution of Quality Assurance’s mission to provide accurate, relevant, and timely quality information for the Evadale mill’s products to meet or exceed end use expectations for performance and consistency.
- Safety engagement within the department
- Provide technical support for Paper Testing Lab activities and special project assignments
- Responsible for implementing new test methods that require comparative analysis.
- Provides backup support for QA Operations Supervisor, QA Manager, and QA Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Manage implementation of Specification Changes, including customer agreed to specifications
- Manages the Testream and QA Lotus Notes databases.
- Manages Quality Optimizer system
- Manages the routine Quality Meeting program. Schedules and compiles routine quality review meetings and serves as back up Lead.
- Performs analysis of product properties and compliance to specifications.
- Oversee issuance of all Customer COA, Quality Data Reports and Quarterly reports.
- Routine lab test procedure auditing
- Oversee lab instrument check sample program
- Perform routine checks of all lab sample cutters
- Oversee coffee testing verifications
- Daily review of RSA data for proper dispositioning
- Oversee lab raw material verification system
- Call duty rotation for QA Department
- Provide support to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System throughout scope area. Internal auditor for ISO 9001:2015
- Oversee the paper board collaborative testing program
What you need to succeed:
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Pulp/Paper Engineering or related scientific field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality and/or manufacturing experience in Pulp/Paper
- Strong statistical, analytical, and diagnostic problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Minitab. Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills for dealing with diverse audiences
- Strong work ethic and desire to improve systems and processes.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.