Quality Manager - Dublin, GA
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Manager - Dublin, GA
709 Papermill Rd
Dublin, Georgia, 31027
The candidate for this role will provide leadership and technical expertise in the application of Total Quality principles, processes, and tools to improve product, service quality and operational results. The Quality Manager is responsible to oversee the implementation of Dublin’s Quality Management System including ISO9001, product specifications and testing procedures, as well as being a liaison with customers and sales on customer quality issues and new product development. Additionally, the Quality Manager drives customer complaints investigation, response, and corrective action, by tracking quality trends and developing reporting tools to assist in the analysis of changes in product quality and performance. Finally, the Quality Manager will lead continuous improvement projects and trials aimed at enhancing product properties and reducing manufacturing costs.
How you will impact WestRock
- Directs the Quality Management System at the Mill and implements quality systems, procedures, and methods.
- Identifies, investigates, and reports on critical quality defects on in-process and finished products. Evaluates seriousness of defect, determines source of quality variance, and specifies steps to be taken in correcting the condition.
- Provides Mill with tools to monitor the operation and maintain quality data for individual customers.
- Advises appropriate managers of specific quality issues or trends and ensures that systems are in place to meet customer expectations.
- Builds synergies with customers by working with sales teams, visiting customers, and providing quick resolution to customers’ requests.
- Oversees document management, equipment calibration, internal assessments, management reviews, and employee training as it relates to the Quality Management System.
- Ensures best practices are being followed in preparation for internal and external quality, regulatory, and sustainability audits.
- Leads training and coaching of WestRock Quality System principles and practices to Operations and Technical personnel.
- Drives the development of Statistical Process Controls in production and quality areas to understand process variability, assess capability, and implement performance improvement projects.
- Provides expertise in the development of new paper grades, improving characteristics of existing grades, or reducing product related manufacturing costs.
- Competent with Microsoft Office, PI, and Statistical Data Analysis (data acquisition, analysis, use of statistics software, and Design of Experiments).
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to staff and employees at all levels.
- Able to communicate effectively with operators, managers, customer service, sales, and customers, especially when dealing with difficult issues.
- Strong leadership ability along with high ethical standards.
- Skilled at analyzing and reporting process data to drive operational changes toward improving efficiency, productivity, cost, and quality of service.
- Knowledgeable of Quality Management System - ISO 9001, Food Packaging Safety, Regulatory Requirements (FDA, CONEG, Prop 65) and sustainability standards (FSC, SFI).
- Subject Matter Expert on Paper properties, testing, chemistry, and how these interact to improve product and operational performance.
What you need to succeed
- 5 + years of Quality Management Systems experience in containerboard, corrugated packaging, folding carton, food & beverage, or general manufacturing industry
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4-year college/university
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred
- ISO lead auditor certification preferred
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.