About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Security Guard - 2nd Shift - Dallas - TX
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Ensure permanent control of the security systems and maintain protection of the building, assets, access to the building and staff, immediately reporting any issue to Company management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Learns and retains knowledge of the high-security standards/requirements of the industry.
· Informs the Compliance Director of any violations observed that are not in compliance with the high-security standards/requirements of the industry.
· Assists in site management in all security matters including but not limited to loss prevention, criminal activity, etc.
· Maintains logs and records associated with the security of the facility including but not limited to cameras, incidents, etc.
· Observes and reports all unusual activities or incidents.
· Monitors CCTV, video, or digital recordings.
· Completes physical security patrols of the facility.
· Controls the access of all entry and exit points on the premises.
· Acts as a backup receptionist anytime the receptionist is away from the office by monitoring visitors and solicitors.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Military or law enforcement background a plus.
- Must have the ability to read and write instructions and correspondence.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have basic computer skills (email, word processing, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.