Quality Assurance Inspector-Dallas, Tx
Dallas / Texas / United States
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Assurance Inspector-Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE: Support, promote, and maintain the Quality System. Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the system and the overall product quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Audits quality systems, processes, and products.
- Conducts final inspections and batch/ticket reviews as required.
- Determines and communicates acceptability of product and action for handling nonconforming product.
- Responds to operators’ questions about the Quality System.
- Interacts with managers, supervisors, and customers and leads in writing, over the phone, and in person.
- Promotes a positive quality culture.
- Defines levels of acceptance for quality defects using samples, drawings, and/or definitions.
· Performs outside service approvals as needed.
· Facilitates root-cause analysis of internal nonconformance and customer service issues, follows-up, and records corrective actions.
· Provides training of Quality Systems as required.
· Leads internal audits, including planning, scheduling, conducting, and reporting of internal audit results as needed.
· Clarifies and simplifies existing Quality System documentation.
· Attends customer and safety meetings and participates in customer audits and safety activities.
· Presents data to all levels of the organization.
· Assists in project management responsibilities.
· Orders supplies for quality area.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have six months to one year of experience with training in a quality system (TQM, Six Sigma, ISO).
- Must have intermediate computer skills including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must be able to set up and operate lab testing equipment- spectrodensitometer, Thwing Albert- Score bend/ Open force tester, Trans Tester, environmental chamber, COF tester, Gardner Impact and a pallet jack.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must have a general understanding/knowledge of machinery, tools, and gages for auditing, troubleshooting, and calibration.
- Must understand different types of equipment and their function as to our business and the materials used to make the product sold.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Must have knowledge of modern office procedures and methods, including, but not limited to, telephone communications, office systems and record keeping.
- Must be able to write routine reports and business correspondences.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively by telephone and provide information/assistance to customers.
- Must have the ability to use basic algebra and geometry to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, area, circumference, and volume.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.