Quality Auditor - 1st Shift - Centennial - Colorado
6446 S. Kenton St, Ste 220
Centennial, Colorado, 80111
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Quality Auditor - 1st Shift - Centennial – Colorado
Assist manufacturing in maintaining required quality standards by performing quality inspections throughout a job run as well as performing final inspections on specified product, including verifying weight counts and completing daily reports and machine inspections
How you will impact WestRock:
- Assists manufacturing in maintaining the required quality standards through ongoing inspection.
- Audits all operator processes against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Verifies product integrity to job specifications – structure, color, size, layout, etc. using variety of tools, measures, and methods.
- Identifies errors by completing and placing a hold tag on the load.
- Reads and understands the combo and job tickets for quantities, selection numbers, size specifications, or other specifications before beginning the job.
- Reports any questions or problems to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Collects and visually inspects customer samples for color variance, size, and cosmetic defects before forwarding to sample area for processing.
- Releases jobs to the shipping department as needed.
- Completes required job and weight count reports daily.
- Performs final inspections for specified customers.
- Weighs jobs for count verification.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D).
- Prior quality inspection experience preferred.
- Experience in a print/packaging work environment a plus.
- Must be able to read a ruler.
- Must pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in an environment where interruptions occur.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to distinguish colors to inspect product.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job with or without reasonable accommodations.
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.