Senior Manager, Safety & Health - Atlanta, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Manager, Safety & Health - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
The Senior Manager Safety & Health reports to the Vice President of Safety & Health (S&H) is responsible for assisting WestRock consumer and containerboard mill operations with implementing the S&H Management system, developing and implementing effective injury prevention programs and ensuring compliance with company policies, standards and regulatory requirements. The Senior S&H manager is responsible for helping to build consistency throughout the company by providing functional/technical expertise to the Mill S&H personnel and assisting operational leaders with building a stronger safety culture.
The successful candidate must have experience with S&H management system implementation, leading incident investigations, training with hourly and management personnel, conducting S&H audits and driving cultural change. Experience developing and implementing forward thinking processes that have enhanced the S&H culture, reduced serious injuries and fatalities and demonstrated improved performance are essential.
How you will impact WestRock:
· Assist with the development and implementation of WestRock’s Safety & Health (S&H) Management System including the Safety & Health self-assessment process
· Assist with the development of WestRock’s S&H policies, standards and model programs
· Deliver S&H education and training programs, e.g. S&H Leadership, S&H 101, Frontline S&H leadership, (monthly, weekly and annual) etc. and deliver training as required
· Assist with developing WestRock’s Serious Injury & Fatality prevention initiatives
· Assist sites with investigating Serious Injuries & Fatalities (SIFs) and potential SIFs and managing the SIF and PSIF review and corrective actions process
· Assist with (Enterprise-wide Risk Assessment, Human and Organizational Performance (HOP), Human Error concepts)
· Assist with the development and implementation of the WestRock and site-specific injury reduction plans
· Assist the V.P. of Safety & Health during M&A activity and acquisition integration activities
· Participate in WestRock Safety & Health audits as required
· Provide health & safety updates to the V.P S&H, Mill and Business Unit Senior Leadership
· Assist with WestRock S&H Governance, e.g. meeting presentations and follow up
· Analyze H&S data for trends and develop improvement plans
· Assist with resolving internal compliance issues related to safety, e.g. compliance hotline, code of conduct, etc.
· Assist sites and regions with preparing and responding to regulatory inquiries/notices of violations by federal, state, provincial and governmental safety and health authorities
· Routinely visit assigned facilities to provide safety compliance assistance and coaching, and assess compliance with applicable safety regulations and company policies.
· Assist sites with process safety management
What you need to succeed:
· BS Safety Engineering, Safety Sciences, Engineering or similar
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
· 7-10 years of safety & health management experience which includes supporting multiple locations
· Minimum of 5 years of previous safety experience in the pulp and paper industry preferred, or chemical process industry
· Experience developing and implementing S&H Management Systems
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong communication, presentation, training and facilitation skills are essential
· Exemplary customer service skills and attention to detail
· Experience implementing “new view” S&H programs such as Human & Organizational Performance desired
· Advanced to expert skills using Minitab, and the Microsoft suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Access databases.
· Significant knowledge of U.S. Safety & Health laws and regulations required as well as International requirements desired
What we offer:
· Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
· Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
· An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
· A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.