About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Part-Time HR Intern Fall 2018 - West Point, VA
19th & Main St
West Point, Virginia, 23181
Perform a variety of Human Resources responsibilities that may include benefits and compensation administration, recruitment, reporting, maintaining/updating HR-related databases and files, written communications, participate in grievance meetings, grievance answers, and any other Human Resources related activities including special projects as necessary. Able to work with minimum supervision, conferring with Human Resources Manager when necessary
How you will impact WestRock:
· May perform duties involving employee communications, such as pre-employment screening, responding to routine questions on Human Resources policies and procedures, identifying potential issues and grievances, etc.
· Helps develop or modify training programs.
· Investigates and drafts grievance replies.
· Distributes current employee information, policy and procedure manuals and other communications.
· May conduct and summarize internal and external surveys to gather information for policy development and planning.
· Assist with coordinating, scheduling and developing communications for salary and hourly interviews.
· Maintain and update HR-related Excel data spreadsheets, SharePoint, and/or Access database.
· Assist Mill with interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
· Assist Human Resources with special projects.
What you need to succeed:
· Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree Human Resource Management
· Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keep confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
· Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
· Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
· Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
· Written Communications – can write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.