Process Engineering Co-op –Hopewell, VA
910 Industrial St, PO Box 201
Hopewell, Virginia, 23860
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Process Engineering Co-op Spring 2019 – Hopewell, VA
· Few co-op positions give you as much exposure to the engineering process. As a WestRock Process Engineering Co-Op, you'll apply classroom knowledge to meaningful projects which have direct impact on productivity and our company's bottom line.
· Our co-ops are typically challenged to conduct process engineering work in the analysis, planning and control of the manufacturing process.
· By the end of your assignment, our mission is to have positively impacted your curriculum and career goals in preparation for life after college.
What you need to succeed:
- Student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in paper science, chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering required
- Technical aptitude, a hands-on mindset and software proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to travel: under 5%
How you will impact WestRock:
· Apply your skills to increase efficiency, reliability and productivity in WestRock’s manufacturing environment as you own assignments which support production and project engineers.
· In this role, heavy emphasis is placed on safety, teamwork, process improvement and troubleshooting.
· As stewards of the community and the environment, you will also gain a knowledge and appreciation for reducing environmental impact as an engineering professional.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.