Few internship positions give you as
much exposure to the engineering process. As a WestRock Mechanical Engineering Intern,
you'll apply classroom knowledge to meaningful projects which have direct
impact on productivity and our company's bottom line. Our interns are typically
challenged to conduct mechanical engineering work on the project, maintenance,
or reliability engineering. By the end of your assignment, our mission is to
have positively impacted your curriculum and career goals in preparation for
life after college.
How you will impact WestRock:
Apply your skills to increase efficiency, reliability and
productivity in WestRock's manufacturing environment as you own assignments
which support the mill’s Operations/R&D department. In this role, heavy
emphasis is placed on safety, teamwork, application of fundamental engineering
principles, and troubleshooting. As stewards of the community and the
environment, you will also gain a knowledge and appreciation for reducing
environmental impact as an engineering professional.
What you need to succeed:
Sophomore or junior level student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Technical aptitude, a hands-on mindset and software proficiency in MS Word, Excel,
and CAD or CAM programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to travel: under 5%
- Available to work a minimum of eight continuous weeks
- An interest in manufacturing
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit
your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.