ORACLE DBAs NEEDED m/f, based at our new IT Shared Service hub in Krakow/Zabierzow, Poland.
Technical Highlights: Oracle DBA team currently managing 230+ Oracle databases and 275+ MySQL databases in a virtualized environment running on Linux Red Hat and Unix/AIX.
What Will You Do?
- As an Oracle database administrator you will be responsible for support and maintenance on all Oracle & MySQL database servers across the Enterprise
- You will use your database management skills to improve efficiencies within the Oracle team
- You will support application teams, monitor database performance for slow SQL queries and optimize performance through query tuning
- You will maintain security controls, audit compliance and integrity controls, formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management
- You will apply Oracle software patches and upgrades and deploy new versions of application software
- You will work with other DBAs to maintain and troubleshoot backup and recovery procedures and work on projects for database consolidation and standardization.
How You Will Impact WestRock
- Plan, coordinate and complete upgrades for Oracle from 9i to 11g and 12c
- Daily resolution of job failures on all operating platforms (AIX, Wintel)
- Oracle database performance tuning
- Ensure business SLAs are met
- Ensure business continuity through Oracle RMAN backups to CommVault
- Assist application teams with identifying and tuning problem SQL queries
- Cloning production databases to test/dev using 3Par SAN Snapshot technology
What You Need To Succeed
- 5+ years of Oracle administration database experience
- 5+ years of Unix/Linux experience
- MySQL experience preferred
- Windows experience preferred
- Used to working in large environment with 200+ Oracle Databases across multiple platforms, locations and Datacentre
- Degree preferred
- Fluent English
- Must be prepared to handle on call duty
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
What We Offer
- Work in a multinational context - service support for global operations
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Stable and secure role
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- Mid-size team (30 specialists) in a comfortable and relaxed working environment
- Important role in corporate IT service delivery model
- Private Medical Services in LuxMed with preferential rates for additional family members
- Holiday pay bonus (Świadczenie urlopowe)
- Life insurance at a discounted price
- Weekly fruit
- Some international travel
- Free parking space
Interested? Apply now! Share your Curriculum Vitae with us today!
Please add the following on your application: Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji (zgodnie z Ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 roku o Ochronie Danych Osobowych; (tekst jednolity: Dz.U. z 2015r., poz. 2135).