About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Manager, ePMO Transformation and Strategy – Norcross, GA
3169 Holcomb Bridge Rd, Jefferson Plaza
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
Sr. Manager, ePMO Transformation and Strategy – Norcross, GA
- The Senior Manager will lead the deployment of the transformation and support the M&A and other strategy programs and projects being led by the ePMO.
- Drive all strategy deployment, portfolio management, special projects and training and delivery activities related to the programs and projects.
- Responsible for leading sustainable projects and solutions to deliver on the outlined transformation imperatives and capabilities.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Partner with IT senior leadership, enterprise functions and lines of business stakeholders to create the PMO roadmap with clear goals, execution plan, metrics and risk mitigation plan that will ensure successful implementation of initiatives.
- Develop and implement the change management and communicate plan for the ePMO vision, roadmap and strategies.
- Identify technology projects, which align with strategic objectives, determine project priorities by developing and maintaining a demand/capacity model, and aligning appropriate resources to effectively drive projects.
- Primary point of contact for overall technology portfolio management matters in order to drive, align, track, escalate and communicate the portfolio performance to key stakeholders.
- Promptly respond to evolving business priorities and re-prioritize delivery strategies, as necessary.
- Lead efforts to continually assess and improve the actual and perceived value of the portfolio projects.
- Create and monitor ePMO key metrics to ensure performance visibility and improvement
- Ensure proper financial management of all technology portfolio projects, providing financial transparency to leadership, project resources and business partners.
- Partner with IT Finance to provide financial analysis, planning and forecasting to identify strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats, and develop recommendations for plans to address within the portfolio.
Special Projects Execution:
- Own and drive key internal transformational consultative projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Integrate and share knowledge of the principles and methodologies of agile project management in the project life cycle, scope definition and management, planning and scheduling, monitoring, communication cycles, project team and risk management.
Training and Development Delivery:
- Exemplify and promote a consulting, delivery excellence, and customer experience mindset; in addition, a culture of ensuring value is realized and stakeholders’ expectations are met.
- Create the Project Management Development Program, a structured program designed to accelerate the growth of current and future project management resources.
- Strong knowledge of Agile and SDLC methodologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products (Visio, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with project management training and/or project lead experience.
- Process improvement training.
- M&A due diligence experience with transition service project deployment experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of project planning tools (MS Project, Jira, Version One, etc.)
- Familiarity with portfolio/program management or technology business management software (Apptio, ServiceNow, HP)
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years program/project leadership, strategy and consulting experience.
- Strong leadership skills delivering all aspects of project and program management, including enterprise large portfolios with high complexity and risk.
- Proven track record of leading strategic enterprise initiatives.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, conflict management, problem solving, influencing and decision making skills.
- Experience building PMO structures and operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Expert knowledge of stakeholder management, risk management and organizational change management.
- Demonstrate ability to translate broad next generation strategies into a clear, specific, an actionable roadmap.
- Ability to lead program development and refinement in an evolving, fast paced, global environment.
- Proven track record of quickly earning trust, inspiring teams, developing resources, setting direction and delivering results.
- Comfortable partnering across the organization to align programs/projects to the larger organizational objectives.
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment with remote teams.
- Exemplary core program and project management skills.
- Experience in Agile methodology is required.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Demonstrated ability of delivering results.
- Experience with multiple workstreams and leading teams.
- Large enterprise project experience ranging from $1M+.
- Experience in developing executive leadership presentations and talking points.
- Consulting or manufacturing experience.
- Demonstrated success of implementing strategy.
- Detailed oriented and ability to close on open items quickly.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.