About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Process Improvement Manager - Norcross, GA
504 Thrasher St, Norcross
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
IT Process Improvement Manager - Norcross, GA
- The IT Process Improvement Manager will reside within the IT Operations and Global Support
team and is accountable for leading enterprise IT process improvement initiatives.
- Combining the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology and ITIL/IT Service Management framework expertise to lead teams, define processes and facilitate results, this leader will be responsible for improving efficiencies in all services and solutions delivery processes ultimately reducing IT operational inefficiency, improving quality, maximizing capacity and reducing operational waste.
- The Manager will serve as a change agent for developing and encouraging a culture that is driven by
innovation, accountability and transparency.
- The IT Process Improvement Manager will ensure that the project goals align with the business objectives and have measurable cost benefits.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Execute strategic performance analysis, gap assessment, opportunity identification and change implementation for critical processes across the IT organization, to deliver scalable and sustainable best in class operations.
- Translate an understanding of the manufacturing industry, particularly in the paper and packaging industry, into IT process improvement goals, processes and practices that become the model to best serve the stakeholders.
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of IT Service Delivery goals.
- Educates, mentors and coaches (Lean) Yellow, Green and Black Belt IT candidates through project
completion and certification.
- Lead large-scale programs/projects from conception through full deployment.
- Partner and collaborate with business leaders, subject matter experts and project teams to lead process redesign initiatives at the front end of programs or projects to ultimately develop solutions that support critical daily business challenges
- Develops process improvement opportunities based on ITIL/IT Service Management framework that lead to performance improvement and service stability.
- Partners with the IT Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (ePMO) to ensure timely and accurate project progression and completion.
- Utilizes accepted methods and tools to communicate project and program performance to IT leadership.
- Successfully creates and monitors departmental goals, timelines and deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Coaches and mentors other continuous improvement practitioners to ensure success by providing guidance and advice on project approach, tool selection and use, team facilitation and all other aspects of the process improvement methodology.
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate details into concise and understandable facts, numbers and actionable items.
- Must be a change agent, initiate action, overcome obstacles, make progress and drive a process or project from start to finish alone or within a team to achieve acceptable results.
- Works with aggressiveness, tenacity, persistence and intelligent forcefulness.
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values and ethics.
- Honest, truthful and straight-forward.
- Continuous learning and progression towards an ITSM certifications path, in all areas, will be integral to the success of the person in this leadership position.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years experience in process improvement leadership and root cause analysis serving a manufacturing industry, paper or packaging manufacturing experience desired.
- 2 years prior experience successfully leading a Lean Six Sigma program.
- Work experience of at least 5 years in a leading, managerial, or higher management advisory role in IT service management
- 4-year degree in STEM area, computer science, information technology, related field or equivalent experience required.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years of functional management experience.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience, at a project level, in an individual contributor role, developing, initiating and supporting continuous improvement initiatives in a global organization.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification is preferred.
- ITIL V3 Expert certification is a plus.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with record of innovation and results.
- Strategic thought leader with strong business acumen.
- Excellent computer skills (MS products).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Customer and service-centric mindset.
- Ability to lead, influence and persuade.
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage team delivering projects simultaneously with varying customers, deadlines and requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lead across departments to achieve a single objective.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective collaboration skills and a cooperative spirit to interface productively with others on the job.
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team.
- Contract and/or service level management experience desired.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Exposure to service delivery processes deployed within ServiceNow desired.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse Workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.