About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
ePMO Program Manager-Norcross, GA
4464 South Old Peachtree Road
Norcross, Georgia, 30071
- The Program manager, directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and tactical activities of Information Technology and Business project teams which are assigned to a related set of medium, large and more complex projects, following the processes of the Enterprise Program Management Office (ePMO)
- Provide supervision of a program or multiple projects to achieve a corporate vision and IT strategy.
- Lead a team(s) and perform liaison activities with upper management and stakeholders.
- Considered highly advanced in delivery and execution.
- Manages (a) multiple projects of large scope and/or high complexity or (b) programs, providing SME guidance to project teams; may be assigned to high criticality projects with many interdependencies
- Recommends changes to policies that affect the divisions or segments and identifies areas of improvements that could be made to procedures, policies or processes. This includes guiding teams to deliver work by utilizing project management methodology & standards, knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations for a project. Involves balancing competing demands such as scope, time, cost, and quality, stakeholders with differing needs, expectations, identified requirements (needs) and unidentified requirements.
- Effectively presents to large teams, communicating to senior leaders and executive audiences.
- Interfaces with IT organizations, and external vendors to prepare project requirements, planning and provisioning activities, implementation and closure of project initiatives.
- Exercises a high level of judgment to determine appropriate actions to resolve problems, escalating to management when necessary; is accountable to management based on how well project objectives are met.
- Frequently interacts with customers and/or functional peer group managers regarding projects within functional areas, company divisions, customers and the company.
- Manages the program budget; allocates project management resources and influences the allocation of non-project management resources; participates in the development of funding proposals.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to Project Managers.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides team leadership and strategic alignment.
- Considered a thought leader and develops new methodologies/continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/work streams and special projects at various stages of completion.
- Strong facilitation skills; communicates effectively with the business to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of various technologies including applications and databases.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline/equivalent).
- Preferred: Project Management Certification (PMP).
- Preferred: MBA or related advanced degree.
- Preferred: Program Management Professional (PgMP).
- Advanced knowledge of project and program management or building system solutions and/or business applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile, SDLC, CMMI, PMBOK, Six Sigma or other commonly accepted project and program management processes and methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to build and effectively use Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools available to track project and program deliverables.
- Thorough knowledge of estimation best practices
- Thorough knowledge of project and program budget tracking.
- Thorough knowledge of project and program coordination within a matrixed organization (e.g., how to identify dependencies, risks).
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites of products, (Visio, Teams, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of project planning tools (MS Project, Jira, Version One, etc.).
- 7-10+ years of experience in a Project Management role with a strong background in team development, delivery, and process improvement.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to mentor/coach project team members in a senior or lead capacity.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management in a technical and business capacity.
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus across impacted areas.
- Experience creating detailed delivery schedules and roll-out plans; scheduling moderately complex budgets and tracking actuals against budget.
- Proven success delivering projects in Agile, Waterfall or SDLC environments.
- Experience with working multiple work streams and leading high-performance teams while working under pressure.
- Large enterprise project experience ranging from $2.5 million+.
- Preferred: Process improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma, CMMI etc.).
- Preferred: Experience in developing executive leadership presentations and talking points.
- Preferred: Consulting or manufacturing experience.
- Preferred: Demonstrated success of implementing strategy.
- Preferred: Detailed oriented and ability to manage and close complex issues quickly.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.