About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The Sr. Information System Specialist provides IT and Networking support to the Florence Mill.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Engages in development of short and long-term planning of system upgrades and migrations
- Works closely with employees and management as well as outside vendors, suppliers, division, and corporate personnel
- Generates procedures used by Maintenance, Operations, and peers
- Writes functional specifications for vendor use in quotations
- Utilizes a proactive approach and project skills to develop solutions to short-term and long-term issues
- Works closely with Maintenance and Operations to identify and resolve issues
- Leads troubleshooting efforts of systems and processes. Helps promote technical skills in E\I technicians
- Assists project engineers and managers in the planning, development, and implementation of capital projects as needed
- Manage and direct consultants, contractors, and vendors during IT and networking projects
- As part of the Process Control team, shares in the responsibility of providing weekend and off-hour availability to support IT mill needs as well as startup support from planned and unplanned shutdowns
- Adheres to all mill safety rules, participates in or may lead safety programs and meetings with the goal of improving safety at the mill. Supports the mill behavior-based safety program
- Evaluates, troubleshoots, and maintains system hardware including pc’s, laptops, printers, camera systems, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- B.S./ B.A. Degree in Information Technology related field
- Strong troubleshooting skillset for evaluating root cause and addressing technical issues with long term solutions in mind
- Strong computer skills including systems deploying VMWare
- Experience with Ethernet networks including configuration of switches, routers and VLANs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented individual capable of handling projects individually, yet able to work efficiently in a highly team-oriented environment
- Additional skills needed: self-directed, flexible, self-learner, multitasking, results driven, safety focused
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.