Senior Manager Data Science - Atlanta, GA
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Senior Manager Data Science - Atlanta, GA
3950 Shackleford Rd, Hampton Green
Duluth, Georgia, 30096
Senior Manager Data Science
As a Senior Manager Data Science at WestRock, you will be leading a cross-functional team dedicated to building and delivering innovative products with high impact and visibility within the organization. You will supervise a team of talented data scientists that will leverage advanced techniques, such as optimization, data mining, statistical analysis and mathematical modeling, to develop solutions that help us operate more efficiently and cost-effectively. You will be expected to lead and facilitate the creation and adoption of new innovative science and technology to ensure the WestRock Data Science team is able to create and implement value-add analytical solutions for the business. The candidate will play a key leadership role in projects across the department ensuring all are adopting the latest science and technology standards and best practices.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
· Lead and develop a team of analytical professionals who are responsible for data analysis, modeling, and advanced analytics solution development across WestRock.
· Exhibit critical strategic thinking, consulting skills and creative problem solving as this position will be working with senior executives on scoping work, shaping deliverables, setting priorities, hitting deadlines, and communicating solutions into results that can be understood and acted upon.
· Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale and understanding of emerging technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· More than 10 years’ experience in applying mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists the business with decision making, policy formulation and/or other management functions through solutions that save time, cost, or improve processes.
· Expertise in analyzing large data sets and use programming languages such as Python, R, IBM SPSS Modeler to develop statistical and optimization models to drive business solutions.
· Proven experience with software/system development life cycle (SDLC)
· Sufficient understanding of cloud services technology and integration (e.g., Amazon AWS, Spark, etc.) to support the design, architect and implementation of cloud based science solutions
· Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Math or related quantitative field.
· 10+ years of experience in model prototyping through use of optimization tools including CPLEX, AMPL, or OPL
· Strong programming, data mining and machine learning background
· 5+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or transportation industry
· Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
· Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
· Demonstrated ability in innovation to create business value and influence business strategy
· PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Math or related quantitative field.
· Experience with machine learning, graph analysis and statistical modeling.
· Proficiency in at least one statistics/data analysis package, such as Spark, Python or R.
· Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Python or Java, etc.
· Experience with deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment.
· Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, and integration testing.
· Proven leadership experience with the ability to motivate and inspire team members
· Proven ability to serve as a strategic thought partner to executive leadership
· Successful partnering experience with technology departments, data integration and data science based resources to solve complex business problems
· Experience translating and communicating complex problems and solutions to all levels of an organization
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.