About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Manager - Data Engineering - Duluth, GA
3950 Shackleford Rd, Hampton Green
Duluth, Georgia, 30096
IT Manager - Data Engineering - Duluth, GA
- This role will have an emphasis on data engineering practices and leading a team of BI and data warehouse engineers implementing data engineering technologies, tools and frameworks as part of the digital transformation as Westrock transition into cloud-based technologies.
- This role will leverage existing RDMS and BI visualization tools for existing tactical work and help the team in planning and executing the migration to the new cloud-based technology stack.
- The efforts will help drive the execution of self-service reporting and decision support within WestRock.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
- Help execute on the new data warehouse foundation as part of WestRock cloud strategy.
- Interface with WestRock’s data lake and WestRock master data management strategies.
- Design a consistent, unified data architecture that will enable self-service reporting at WestRock.
- Collect and analyze large volumes of data advancing the efficiency of our state-of-the-art optimization, predictive analytics and BI self-servicing tools.
- Lead a technical team of data engineers delivering a wide array of big data and self-service reporting solutions that use cutting edge technologies.
- Guide the organization in efficient data and resource management best practices with cloud-based big data, data warehouse and reporting platforms and services.
What you need to succeed:
- At least 10 years of general software development and data engineering experience.
- At least 5 years of experience developing and leveraging big data (Hadoop ecosystem), integration, and reporting platforms and services.
- At least 3 years as a technical team lead.
- Cloud experience (AWS) is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in the following domains: Data Storage, Data Ingestion, Batch Processing, Stream Processing and Real-Time Message Ingestion, and/or Analysis and Reporting and Analytical Data Stores.
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse initiatives including Data Model development, Semantic/Data Access Layer Development, Reporting and Dashboard Creation; developing solutions for shared data usage using cloud-based technologies in AWS (Redshift).
- Experience developing complex reports, dashboards and scorecards technologies including but not limited to: PowerBI, Tableau, QlikSense, QlikView.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar.
- Domain Experience Details:
- Data storage experience working with Polyglot Data Storage technologies in the cloud, Data Lake (HDFS, Blog storage), RDMS (Oracle, SQL, SQL DW, Redshift) and NoSQL solutions (Key Value, Document, Column and Graph).
- The installation, configuration, administration and governess of these environments on-prem and the cloud.
- Data Ingestion:
- Experience in data processing operations (ETL/ELT) that is optimized and scalable,encapsulated in workflows hat transform source data, move data between
multiple sources and sinks, load the processed data into an analytical data store using cloud
orchestration technology such as Azure Data Factory or Apache Oozie, Sqoop, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Glue, Informatica
- Batch Processing:
- Experience in the Hadoop echo system, reading source files, processing them and writing the output to new files or data stores using Hive, Pig, or custom Map/Reduce jobs in an Hadoop cluster, or using Java, Scala, or Python programs in an Hadoop Spark cluster.
- Stream Processing and Real-Time Message Ingestion:
- Experience with real-time data sources and message ingestion for processing by filtering, aggregating, and preparing the data for analysis. Technologies such as Spark Streaming and Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure IOT or Event Hub etc.
- Analysis and Reporting and Analytical Data Stores:
- Experience developing solutions (complex reports, dashboards, and scorecards) that provide insights into the data through analysis and reporting with Enterprise Data Warehouse initiatives including Data Model development, Semantic/Data AccessLayer Development; developing solutions for shared data usage using cloud-based data store technologies such as AWS (Redshift), SSAS or NoSQL technology such as HBase, or Hive databases in a distributed data store. Experience with technologies including, but not limited to: PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, QlikView.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.