About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. Manager, Enterprise IT Operations - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Sr. Manager, Program Operations - IT Enterprise Core Systems - Atlanta, GA
Sr. Manager, Program Operations is the delivery assurance leader for all chartered projects within IT Enterprise Core systems organizational scope, providing project management oversight to ensure accountability for the success of these projects. Charter both capital and non-capital projects and drive the identification and realization of business benefits. Coordinate with overall IT PMO and Transformation leadership when chartering new projects and plan/manage/deliver the project portfolio against the overall IT strategy. Direct project/program managers in use of project management practices and methodologies but will also be accountable for driving effective scope and resource planning, project tracking, identifying
and managing program/project interdependencies, communications/reporting, and quality assurance. Results focused leadership to ensure projects and programs are planned, executed and launched
on time, within budget, and with quality.
This role will have responsibility to drive a service delivery culture for Incidents, Request and Projects. The organization will implement SLA’s specific to service delivery and drive accountability and
continuous improvement of those services.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Drive – detail business requirements, project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet needs of business stakeholders.
- Implementation of ePMO standards, methods and procedures in support of budgets, projects and program initiatives.
- Coordinate with IT Enterprise core system leadership to track progress and to maintain alignment with the plan.
- Enforce accountability down to all project teams and regularly monitor progress, lead
and guide teams as necessary.
- Track the evolution of the projects and programs based on the approved timeline, scope and budget plan.
- Ensure weekly, monthly and executive updates are completed according to published schedules
- Communicate major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review program and project activities; manages prioritization procedure
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and program/project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project completion
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA preferred. Certification in Project Management (PMP) and/or Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus.
- Working experience leveraging ITIL operation standards (incident management, problem management)
- 6+ years of experience in related field including Business Operations, Program Management, Project Manager and/or Performance Excellence/Six Sigma.
- 3+ years of experience in IT is required.
- Experienced with a leadership role in establishing/developing/leading PMO (not just being part of a PMO)
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Track record that demonstrates practical application of PMBOK principles within an organization
- Direct work experience with It Strategic planning including systems implementation and optimization, operational process reviews, and technology assessments and creating technology roadmaps.
- Experienced in delivery assurance, risk management roles
- Ability to positively influence others without direct authority in efforts to move assigned projects forward.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines. Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects with interrelated teams and technology issues simultaneously within aggressive
- Excellent change management skills. IT Assessment workshop planning and facilitation skills
- Ability to work efficiently within a matrix management organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.