IT Digital Transformation Change Management and Training Specialist - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
The IT Transformation & Training Specialist is responsible for the development, communication and maintenance of digital solutions documentation delivered as part of the IT Transformation projects. The position reports to the Sr Director, Digital Transformation. Creates and delivers digital change management plan, solution documentation and training for IT and stakeholders.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Create and implement change management strategy and plan that maximizes the understanding and adoption of the new technologies and processes, with minimal resistance. Prepare tools and mediums to focus on the changes to business processes, systems and technology
- Assess the change impact - conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders
- Drive training efforts including provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness, manage stakeholders, and track & report issues
- Develop end user adoption and process change documentation (e.g., quick reference guides, job aids, self-paced training, etc.) to increase knowledge, skills, and service levels. Collaborates with teams (Digital Transformations, IT Business Solutions, UX, IT Documentation and IT Communications) to determine the best use of graphics (e.g., charts, tables, graphs, visual aids, etc.) to support training content.
- Translates technical information into training content and creates presentation graphics to ensure information can be easily understood by targeted audience.
- Helps develop and communicate appropriate training curriculum to support enhanced technology and process rollouts
- Delivers end user training via various delivery methods (e.g., onsite classroom training, online meeting, web conferencing, etc.) to build participant knowledge in the most effective manner.
- Engages with trainees to deliver training content and to achieve maximum learning retention.
- Collaborates with functions and teams to design and deliver applicable training materials (e.g., technical publications and manuals, instructional materials, on-line help, product documentation, etc.), establish specifications for training areas, and meet business needs.
- Interfaces with internal groups (e.g., management, stakeholders, end users, functions, teams, participants, etc.) to validate training effectiveness and ensure objectives are met
- Interviews subject matter experts to conduct documentation research on new platform features and capabilities.
- Creates and maintains end user documentation to ensure materials are technically accurate, well organized, and clearly presented.
- Help maintain internal documentation library to provide consistent, accurate, and up-to-date system documentation.
- Collaborates with technical resources to improve document quality and usability.
- Reviews documentation to ensure consistency, accuracy, and current information.
- Designs, configures and tests learning environments, including population of simulated databases, and replication of external systems and interfaces.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- 5+ years of demonstrated professional work experience related to successful delivery of change management services including expertise in: stakeholder engagement, leadership alignment, communication planning, training strategy design and training delivery.
- 4+ years of professional work experience with digital enablement teams. Preferably with migration projects from legacy technologies to cloud technologies. Working knowledge of emerging technologies, including understanding the difference between digitization and digitalization. Previous experience on technology implementation projects in a relevant industry or consulting environment.
- Proficient ability to design, configure and test learning environments, including population of simulated databases, and replication of external systems and interfaces.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of adult learning theory and applies this to the creation of computer-based and facilitator-led training and development materials (e.g., storyboards, visual aids, training aids, etc.); analyzes various sources of information and interacts with clients to determine interventions, implementation, and evaluation of training as needed; independently identifies gaps or outdated information with existing training materials and provides suggestions toward updating and improving their content.
- Experience with training development tools required. Uses web-based development tools (e.g., Dream Weaver, Flash, etc.) to create blended-learning solutions
- Updates or improves trainings to be strategically aligned with organizational goals; conducts evaluations of training implementations to assess the learner’s understanding and retention of information and demonstrate the training’s effectiveness.
- Develops plans that balance details and the “big picture”; adapts the level of detail required for a given audience and the purpose; completes work with thoroughness; maintains records and information in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking
- Travel up to 50% to Mill and Plant facilities
- Work environment: corporate office and manufacturing facilities
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.