Director - Program Operations
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Director - Program Operations
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Title: Director, Program Operations - IT Business Solutions (Sandy, Springs, GA)
The Director, Program Operations is the delivery assurance leader for all chartered projects within IT Business Solutions organizational scope, providing project management oversight and accountability for
How you will impact WestRock:
strategyfor standardization, methods & procedures, budgets & operational planning for program initiatives.
- Collaborate with
ePMOto develop a operationaland execution plans - detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet needs of business stakeholders
- Coordinate with IT Business Solutions Management to track progress and to maintain alignment with the plan. Enforce accountability down to all project teams and regularly monitor progress, lead and guide teams as necessary.
- Track the evolution of the projects and programs based on the approved timeline, scope and budget plan.
- Update the project and program trackers to validate operations in alignment with the outlined plans.
- Evaluate the impacts and risks of changes from multiple perspectives, assigns tasks that are necessary to reduce or eliminate those considerations, determines tentative implementation dates, and tracks results of the implementation
- Establish program controls to reduce risks and changing requirements, technology infrastructure, hardware or applications systems
- Communicate major milestones and identifies potential project risks; conducts regular status meetings to review program and project activities; manages prioritization procedures
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and program/project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project complete
- Confers with and advises subordinates on standards, priorities
- Provide regular updates to senior management
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA preferred. Certification in Project Management (PMP) and/or Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in related field including Business Operations, Program Management, Project Manager and/or Performance Excellence/Six Sigma. 3+ years of experience in IT is required. Experienced
witha leadership role in establishing/developing/leading PMO (not just being part of a PMO)
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods Demonstrated
problem solvingand analytical thinking skills. Track record that demonstrates practical application of PMBOK principles within an organization
- Direct work experience with It Strategic planning including systems implementation and optimization, operational process reviews, and technology assessments and creating technology roadmaps. Experienced in delivery assurance, risk management roles
- Ability to positively influence others without direct authority in efforts to move assigned projects forward.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands
andtimelines. Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects with interrelated teams and technology issues simultaneously within aggressive timelines
- Excellent change management skills. IT Assessment workshop planning and facilitation skills
- Ability to work efficiently within a matrix management organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project required
- Excellent interpersonal, Communication, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills required
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety
andInclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.