About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Data Analyst - Atlanta, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
Data Analyst - Atlanta, GA
- As a Data Analyst, you will work initially identifying, collecting and
analyzing current machine capabilities and performance.
- Will collaborate with business and other IT groups and users to develop common standards and methods for data collection, connectivity to machines in the field and data analytic solutions to provide proactive service and alerting capability.
- Primary objectives of the role include: developing knowledge of the WestRock Global Beverage Machinery organization and IT requirements; providing IoT and big data solutions including data
visualization and reporting to various functions of the business, including commercial, design engineering and service.
- Develop continuous improvement process with the business teams to identify opportunities to leverage system capabilities and build upon current data collection and analytics solution .
- Provide on-going support to the WestRock Global Beverage Machinery organization for IoT.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide functional oversight and project management required to design, install and support the data collection and analytics used within the Global Beverage Machinery organization.
- Work directly with business users to define functional requirements.
- Develop and collaborate with IT teams to build technical specifications and identify solutions.
- Tests end-to-end system performance and capability ensuring quality solution and business expectations are met.
- Drive business capability to within data collection and analytics, including machine
efficiency, predictive maintenance, alerting and customer reporting.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to the business teams with knowledge of shop floor
data collection systems, PLC and other IoT sensors.
- Provide expertise in AI/AR and machine learning.
- Provide working knowledge of IoT strategy, standards and protocols.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure proper use and integration of different software components to deliver IoT capabilities required across business.
- Prioritize and manage application changes with business team including scoping and priority setting.
- Researches issues and change requests brought forward by various stakeholders by evaluating current and new system functionality to ensure business capability requirements are achieved.
- Lead effort to leverage standard system functionality across the global organization.
- Serve as liaison between users and application team and IT infrastructure.
- Identify and resolved day to day support issues including developing requests for any vendor supported applications and reviewing SOW’s.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering or business-related field – required.
- Manufacturing support experience – 2+ years preferred.
- Experience with engineer to order systems, MES and data collection systems.
- Experience with PTC product suite, including Kepware preferred.
- Experience in one or more specific IoT/embedded/M2M industry solutions (ex. business automation or asset tracking).
- Familiar with product offering from AWS,
- Microsoft Azure and similar Experience with data historian technical and functional design.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Experience with global projects and working with multinational business teams.
- Experience managing vendor supported IT systems and relationship.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.