Data Strategy Analyst - Richmond, VA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Data Strategy Analyst - Richmond, VA
The Technology Transformation organization is seeking a Data Strategy Analyst to support our road map towards a unified reporting architecture framework at WestRock. The candidate will:
- Engage with multiple divisions, functions and global locations to understand data sources, methodologies and required outcomes to support translating business goals into actionable application requirements.
- Facilitate early and ongoing master data management discussions with business partners as a key component to the foundation of future reporting.
How you will impact WestRock:
- The insight this role helps uncover will inform how we leverage, cleanse and govern data consistently across disparate sources to empower business users to make effective, fact-based decisions.
- Support long-term reporting simplification efforts that drive towards an "economies of scale" approach to reporting. Activities will include system analysis, requirements gathering and testing.
- Assist with monthly commercial finance production run activity that enables report outs for a subset of the enterprise, to enable ongoing customer- and product-profitability analysis.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's in a business discipline with a demonstrated interest in Information Systems/Computer Science/Industrial Engineering or vice versa.
- Past Data Analyst roles; experience with a varied or global systems landscape a plus.
- Experienced with MS Excel; comfortable with vlookup’s, pivot tables and formulas.
- Basic SQL querying abilities preferred. Experience with relational databases or MDM a plus.
- Experience with or interest in learning new reporting tools, especially JD Edwards and Hyperion Essbase.
- Past project coordination work or Agile methodologies a plus.
- Demonstrated logical reasoning skills. Able to turn complex scenarios into practical, achievable, step-by-step processes that may involve multiple stakeholders.
- Fact-based communicator with a strong customer service attitude and team player approach.
- Self-starter who brings an entrepreneurial approach to driving long term value. Thrives on “a job well done”.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.