Sr. IT System Administrator
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Sr. IT System Administrator
217 River Avenue
Patchogue, New York, 11772
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Installs new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Contributes to and maintain system standards.
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identifies inefficiencies and make recommendations and replacements as needed.
- Manages datacenter and facility infrastructure including but not limited to servers, switches, monitoring, environmental and security systems.
- Provides support in performance monitoring, reporting, problem identification, management, and resolution.
- Ensures that daily backups are running according to company policy and work with local IT to resolve any issues.
- Develops plans for hardware, systems operations, and technical procedures; provide input for disaster recovery and security plans.
- Troubleshoots SQL Server performance issues and work with developers to resolve issues.
- Provides higher level support per request from various constituencies.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Creates and maintains documentation to identify server hardware, software configuration, and connectivity.
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Ensures satisfactory delivery of all projects.
- Occasionally performs evening and weekend work.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have 7+ years of technical experience in systems administration.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server, Linux, Storage Area Networks, VMware and Cisco network equipment.
- Must have demonstrated experience in delivering technical services, interacting with clients, hands on System Administration skills, and experience in performing routine IT asset management tasks such as; license management, license maintenance , and license renewal tracking.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing technical services and mentoring staff.
- Must have demonstrated experience in researching and evaluating alternative solutions and recommending the most efficient and cost effective system solution for business needs.
- Must have demonstrated experience with WAN and broadband connectivity such as VPN , firewalls and routers.
- Must have demonstrated experience with VLAN and switched technologies.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform complex technical tasks and analysis.
- Must have demonstrated capability of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members, other teams, management, and customers.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.