IT Process Improvement Manager - Norcross, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Process Improvement Manager - Norcross, GA
- The IT Process Improvement Manager will reside within the IT Operations and Global Support team and is accountable for leading enterprise IT process improvement initiatives.
- Combining the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology and ITIL/IT Service Management framework expertise to lead teams, define processes and facilitate results, this leader will be responsible for improving efficiencies in all services and solutions delivery processes ultimately reducing IT operational inefficiency, improving quality, maximizing capacity and reducing operational waste.
- The Manager will serve as a change agent for developing and encouraging a culture that is driven by innovation, accountability and transparency.
- The IT Process Improvement Manager will ensure that the project goals align with the business objectives and have measurable cost benefits.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Execute strategic performance analysis, gap assessment, opportunity identification and change implementation for critical processes across the IT organization, to deliver scalable and sustainable best in class operations.
- Translate an understanding of the manufacturing industry, particularly in the paper and packaging industry, into IT process improvement goals, processes and practices that become the model to best serve the stakeholders.
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of IT Service Delivery goals.
- Educates, mentors and coaches (Lean) Yellow, Green and Black Belt IT candidates through project completion and certification.
- Lead large-scale programs/projects from conception through full deployment.
- Partner with business leaders, subject matter experts and project teams to lead process redesign initiatives at the front end of programs or projects to ultimately develop solutions that support critical daily business challenges.
- Develops process improvement opportunities based on ITIL/IT Service Management framework that lead to performance improvement and service stability.
- Partners with the IT Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (ePMO) to ensure timely and accurate project progression and completion.
- Utilizes accepted methods and tools to communicate Project and Program performance to IT leadership.
- Successfully creates and monitors departmental goals, timelines and deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Coaches and mentors other continuous improvement practitioners to ensure success by providing guidance and advice on project approach, tool selection and use, team facilitation and all other aspects of the process improvement methodology.
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate details into concise and understandable facts, numbers and actionable items.
- Must be a change agent, initiate action, overcome obstacles, make progress and drive a process or project from start to finish alone or within a team to achieve acceptable results.
- Works with aggressiveness, tenacity, persistence and intelligent forcefulness.
- Uncompromising integrity, moral values and ethics. Honest, truthful and straightforward.
- Continuous learning and progression towards an ITSM certifications path, in all areas, will be integral to the success of the person in this leadership position.
What you need to succeed:
- 4-year degree in STEM area, computer science, information technology, related field or equivalent experience required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive experience, at a project level, in an individual contributor role, developing, initiating and supporting continuous improvement initiatives in a global organization.
- 5+ years of experience in a leading, managerial or higher management advisory role in IT service management.
- 5+ years experience in process improvement leadership and root cause analysis serving a manufacturing industry, paper or packaging manufacturing experience desired.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years of functional management experience.
- 2 years prior experience successfully leading a Lean Six Sigma program.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification required.
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification is required. ITIL V3 Expert certification is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Contract and/or service level management experience desired.
- Exposure to service delivery processes deployed within ServiceNow desired.
- Excellent computer skills (MS products). Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with record of innovation and results.Strategic thought leader with strong business acumen.
- Customer and service-centric mindset.
- Ability to lead, influence and persuade.
- Analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage team delivering projects simultaneously with varying customers, deadlines and requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lead across departments to achieve a single objective.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.