Manager, IT Vendor Management - Sandy Springs, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Manager, IT Vendor Management - Sandy Springs, GA
- The Manager establishes strategic vision and leads the IT Vendor management program, including tools and practices for efficient procurement, deployment and management of IT assets including services, hardware and software portfolio.
- Collaborates with IT Leadership, IT Discipline Leads, Procurement, Legal and Finance to effectively manage IT vendor relationships for asset compliance, cost savings and service enhancements/extensions.
- Develops and implements policy and procedures for organization-wide governance and compliance around the lifecycle of technology assets across WestRock.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Develops and implements vendor management programs policies and procedures for organization wide compliance of technology assets.
- Create, maintain and organize databases and files related to asset tracking, contracts, lease/purchase agreements and warranties.
- Maintain master service agreements, lease and purchase agreements, hardware/software licenses and facilitate renewals prior to license expiration and oversee asset warranties and facilitate renewals as needed.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing and services.
- Follow through with procurement and vendors to obtain identified savings.
- Partner with procurement on contract negotiation, contract renewals and vendor management activities, inventory management, procurement and delivery activities.
- Manage contracts and relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance and service offerings.
- Collect information for budgeting, software compliance and inventory, contract summaries and cost comparisons.
- Perform due diligence regarding software and hardware assets to ensure proper transfer during acquisitions and divestitures.
- Prepare reports and provide information to support decisions regarding financial and resource requirements regarding technology assets.
- Develop financial models, perform financial analyses and asset management analyses and recommend appropriate strategies and capital requirements for major assets and services.
- Collaborate with management to define cost savings, asset compliance and service improvements.
- Develop recommendations related to portfolio profile, deployment and redeployment, acquisition, disposal or retirement of specific major assets.
- Participate on IT projects and design of new IT asset and configuration projects and ensure audit compliance for the IT assets.
- Develop and implement process improvements, enforcement of adherence to standards across the organization and compliance with industry regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.
- 7+ years work experience in an IT role, including experience with server hardware and software planning or configuration, IT governance and compliance and/or procurement.
- 2+ years work experience in IT vendor program management is preferred.
- In-depth working knowledge of hardware and software acquisitions, enterprise license agreements and re-use and renewal of recurring licensing/warranty requirements.
- Proven program management skills within technology and business environments.
- Demonstrated work experience managing and tracking software entitlements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Versatile communications skills with the ability to communicate technical issues and/or concepts to technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships within both IT (Platform Technology, Development, Security, Support), internal partners (Procurement, Finance, Legal, etc.) and external partners.
- Ability to collaborate and build consensus,
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects with interrelated teams and technology issues simultaneously within aggressive timelines.
- Proven leadership skills that include being part of a high performing team.
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment with remote teams.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in: complex systems environments, operating systems and server hardware, vendor negotiations, budget planning and management.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.