Lead Data Analyst - Sandy Springs, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Lead Data Analyst - Sandy Springs, GA
1000 Abernathy Rd, NE
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328
The Technology Transformation organization is seeking a Lead Data Analyst to own and drive key road mapping activities as we evolve to a unified architecture framework. The candidate will:
● Serve as a strategic partner to groups engaged in profitability analysis, including divisional finance and enterprise sales teams, to translate business goals into actionable application requirements.
● Aggregate business needs to inform how we leverage, cleanse, and govern data consistently across disparate sources to empower business users to make effective decisions.
● Develop a functional understanding of the current applications and reporting landscape. Provide thought leadership and stakeholder engagement as we harmonize varied approaches to common reporting needs.
● Compile data lake, master data management, visualization, and self-service reporting needs and goals.
● Construct and steward workflows to engage data owners’ knowledge of discrete systems’ values.
How you will impact WestRock:
● Drive long term value with an ‘economies of scale’ approach to reporting solutions across the enterprise.
● Actualize continual simplification over our reporting landscape. Foster a structured approach to problem solving that drives towards a refined, standard ‘playbook’ approach to reporting enablement across disparate systems, divisions, and stakeholder bases.
● Spearhead process standardization for data management as we stand up a ‘single source of the truth’ over the long term. Proactively and continuously identify areas for process improvement and greater efficiency.
What you need to succeed:
● Bachelors in a quantitative Business discipline with demonstrated interest in Information Systems / Computer Science / Industrial Engineering or vice versa. MBA or Masters preferred.
● 5-8 years in analyst roles; profitability-related analysis preferred.
● Confident with MS Excel; very comfortable with vlookup’s, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
● SQL querying abilities preferred. Experience with relational databases, data lakes, MDM a plus.
● Experience with or interest in learning financial reporting tools such as JD Edwards, Hyperion Essbase, and DAS.
● Project Management, Agile, process/workflow engineering a significant plus.
● Demonstrated logical reasoning and problem-solving skills. Able to turn complex scenarios into practical, achievable, step-by-step processes that may involve multiple stakeholders.
● Fact-based communicator with a strong customer service attitude. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to both technical and non-technical groups, across various levels of the organization.
● Results driven self-starter who brings an entrepreneurial approach to driving long term value.
What we offer:
● Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
● Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
● An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
● A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.