HR Business Partner Netherlands
Venlo / Limburg / Netherlands
We have an exciting opening at our Paperboard Sheeting plant in Venlo for an experienced HR Professional.
In the role of HR Business Partner, you will serve as the HR Lead to the leadership team at Venlo, a manufacturing plant of around 70 employees. Your mission will be to deliver a value-added HR service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of our organization, short and long term. You will serve as a consultant and an advisor to local and group management on people related issues and act as an employee champion and change agent. You will be part of the local Management team in Venlo and report directly to the HR Director – Global Beverage. The position will also include a small element of HR management for our Beverage office in Roosendaal (20 employees). The time split between Venlo and Roosendaal is estimated to be 90% vs 10%.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions) and support the annual performance evaluation process.
- Provide advice and support to managers on absence management and performance improvement
- Lead and champion the successful delivery of HR initiatives and change programs such as the implementation of a Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and communicated. Drive the creation of job-descriptions, supported by negotiation & implementation of the new blue-collar tariff structure
- Cooperate with WestRock’s internal Talent Acquisition function in the recruitment process
- Develop, coach, assess and support existing HR resources to improve their capabilities
- Conduct a Leadership Development Assessment
- Establish a robust succession plan
- Lead employee relation topics and establish consistency with external law firms
- Using feedback from the employee engagement survey together with local information, partner with the leadership to improve employee engagement year on year.
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent verbal and writing language skills in Dutch and English
- Good working knowledge of Dutch employment law and rules
- Experience of managing an HR function in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop strong and trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and communicate effectively with employees and managers at all levels
- The ability to manage and prioritize workloads with the skills to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; experience of assessing situations, from both a legal compliance and business perspective, making the best recommendation based on facts
- A degree or 5+ years in a related HR Management position
What we offer:
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- A role in which you can prove and further develop your HR and management skills
- Work in a multinational context - international clients and project teams
- Attractive salary circa 65K euros + incentive, reflecting skills, competencies and potential
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: