About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Business Unit HR Manager - Sioux City, IA
2300 Bridgeport Dr, PO Box 3227
Sioux City, Iowa, 51102-3227
We are presently looking for a multi-site Business Unit HR Manager, based in Sioux City Iowa, this position will support three manufacturing operations located in Sioux City, IA, Des Moines IA, and Sioux Falls SD as the Senior HR Business Partner to Sales and Operations leadership teams and approximately 300 employees. Travel is required to other markets to support generalist HR duties.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Responsible for Talent Acquisition for Hourly and Salary positions and related processes.
- Talent Management - developing targeted development plans, career path, leadership development
- Performance Mgmt: salary performance improvement plans, hourly coaching
- Employee and Labor Relations, and compliance calls and employee investigations
- Employee Engagement, Employee Survey/Focus Groups and Culture initiatives
- Supervises administration of personnel policies and practices at the location.
- Manages/conducts employee training, on-boarding, employee development, develops and modifies training programs.
- Support of compensation and benefits programs at the location.
- Contract administration, collective bargaining negotiations, legal compliance, grievance administration, and including arbitrations.
- Manages workers’ compensation case management claims through 3rd Party administrator and coordinates challenges to litigated cases as required.
- Implements effective safety, affirmative action, and other employee relations programs.
- Compliance administration with Company policies, contracts, and State and Federal Regulations.
- Leave administration (FMLA, STD, Benefit Service Center)
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources
· 5 - 7 years related professional experience supporting multi-site locations.
· HR Generalist experience supporting multi-site/shift manufacturing environments
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.