Country HR Manager - Packaging Manufacturing (m/f)
Multi Packaging Solutions (MPS), a business of WestRock (NYSE: WRK), is a global full-service print and packaging company with state-of-the-art prepress, press, and finishing technologies. We are a leader in value-added print and packaging solutions for the healthcare, branded consumer and multi-media markets.
Currently, we have an immediate opening for the Country HR Business Partner (m/f) based ideally in Obersulm (Baden-Württemberg)
Reporting to the Divisional HR Manager in the UK, you will lead and manage the local HR function in Germany consisting of 3 manufacturing facilities and approximately 1100 employees. Together with your local HR site teams, you will ensure the business and associated organizational/talent management objectives are delivered and achieved. Your core mission will be to provide HR leadership and expertise which will enable the Business to meet its day-to-day goals and long-term strategy.
- Formalise the Talent Management process, ensuring succession plans in place for key leadership roles and A-players identified within the blue-collar population to target formalized as well as enhanced training and development program.
- Drive measured improvements in Employee engagement by reviewing Engagement Survey results, taking best practices from around the Division and designing & implementing a clear action plan for each plant – resulting in an improved culture and engaged workforce
- Identify priorities for building Manager Capability and design/deliver the programme to increase capabilities
- Give direction and project management guidance to Payroll Managers to deliver payroll integration projects in line with WestRock project timelines
- Set out clear priorities for the HR team and manage them to drive efficiencies in the day to day business/administration processes in the HR function
- Implement formal and proactive resourcing strategy specifically developing a plan to attract more apprentices to address long-term lack of skilled workers and work on demographic issues
- Design and implement clear blue-collar skills and pay structure for all plant operations within their remit
- Build long-term plan to combine different legal entities at one of MPS sites
- Actively set out and lead to a clear strategy for Works Council expansion
What do you need to be successful:
- Previous HR leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally in the international set-up.
- The quality of an excellent people manager with experience in developing teams and delivering results.
- Hands-on HR experience in driving cultural change and helping in Business in improving its performance.
- Has operated in junior HR positions and worked up through business – understands what their team are delivering and helps them to focus on the right priorities
- Strong communicator and energetic – can sell a vision and follow through with delivering against a plan
What we offer:
- A role where you will have the room and opportunity to make the impact and drive further strategic transformation to already successful B2B business
- A position of a team leader developing, coaching, managing and providing a direction to the talented group of HR professionals
- A leadership function within one of a most successful Paper and Packaging companies in the market.
- A career with a company where Integrity, Respect, Safety, and Excellence are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
If this sounds great to you and you think you would fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
Location of the job: We welcome candidates interested in working from one of our other manufacturing sites: Melle (Niedersachsen) or Düren (Nordrhein-Westfalen). However, we would like to make clear that the role will require a frequent presence at the site in Obersulm in the range of 2 to 3 days per week.