WestRock (NYSE: WRK) is the second biggest paper and packaging company in the world. After extending just recently our presence in Australia, we have an immediate opening at our folding carton packaging plant in North Richmond, New South Wales for an experienced HR Professional.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
In this role, you will serve as the HR Business Partner to the leadership team in Australia, a folding carton packaging manufacturing site and commercial team of around 250 employees. Your core mission will be to build the local HR function and deliver value-added HR service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of our organization, short and long term. You will serve as a consultant and an advisor to the local and group management on people related issues and act as an employee champion and change agent. You will report to APAC HR Director in Shanghai (direct line) as well to the local VP Operations and Global HR Director Beverage Packaging (dotted lines).
How you will impact WestRock:
- Drive and champion the HR related elements of business integration (post-acquisition activities)
- Coach, mentor and support the management teams, specifically when dealing with change management.
- Support the leaders of the business and their direct reports in their strategies and ensure the HR function adapts to meet the strategic direction required.
- Implement WestRock’s regional and global HR programs by providing core HR services and pro-actively manage the alignment of internal practices with regulatory developments.
- Review, update or implement (if necessary) the standardization of HR policies, practices, and documents within the country, leading to increased consistency, equity, and full compliance.
- Ensure improvement, planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance.
- Take a lead role in supporting and coaching managers and team leaders in driving a high-performance culture and supporting a positive employee relations climate.
- Manage day to day activities with Union and works council representatives to build a strong and mutually trustworthy relationship with those stakeholders.
- Cooperate with regional and global C&B teams on total compensation plans; job evaluations; pay budgets; individual pay actions and pay structure revisions to ensure people remunerated fairly and competitively.
- Drive the local implementation and ensure the HR technology tools are embraced and used to its utmost capacity (PeopleSoft & Cornerstone On Demand Talent Suite)
- Complete special country-wide projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Where applicable, prepare workforce plans to meet production and shift requirements and to ensure that resources are pro-actively managed
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to develop strong, trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and communicate effectively with employees and managers at all levels
- The ability to manage and prioritize workloads with the skills to multitask effectively
- Strong business acumen and capability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; experience of assessing situations, from both a legal compliance and business perspective, making the best recommendation based on facts
- A degree or 7 or more years related HR Management experience
- Experience of managing an HR function in a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on experience in change management or projects where you have been implementing and building an HR function
- Experience in working in complex, matrix oriented organization
- Strong working knowledge of Australian employment law and rules
What we Offer:
- A professional challenge which provides you with unique opportunity first, to create and later on, to manage an HR function of a global company
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- A role in which you can prove and further develop your HR and management skills
- Work in an international context – colleagues, clients and project teams
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
If you’re a results-focused professional who possesses the appropriate level of technical skill, maturity, commitment and experience, this is your opportunity to drive our company – and your career – forward. Please share with us your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) today!