Human Resources Officer
WestRock partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Having acquired Hannapak, the largest privately-owned paperboard packaging manufacturer in Australia, WestRock Australia is seeking a Human Resources Officer to join our team in North Richmond, NSW.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources Australasia, the key objective of this newly created position is to work with senior staff and supervisors to recruit and retain employee talent, review and deliver human resource systems and processes and to provide accurate, practical and timely solutions to employee issues.
Duties and key areas of responsibility
· Manage the implementation of policy and procedure in the areas of HR to provide the organisation with agreed guidelines to manage the way we work.
· Liaise with senior staff and supervisors to recruit, select and effectively engage employees to ensure employment is flexible and meets the needs of the business and employees.
· Maintain the company’s PeopleSoft data and work with management to ensure position descriptions are reviewed and updated on a regular basis
· Prepare documentation for new employees, ensuring they are employed under the correct terms and conditions and communicate the arrival of new employees to the business.
· Liaise with and support managers to ensure they monitor their new employees through their probationary period.
· Support managers and supervisors to manage grievances and disciplinary processes and respond to employee relations issues as they arise to ensure these are managed fairly and in accordance with due process.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
To be successful in this role you must have:
· A Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent
· 3+ years’ Human Resources Management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
· Successful record of providing quality customer service
· Experience in drafting Human Resources policies and processes
· Experience in interpreting and administering awards and enterprise agreements
Interpersonal skills and attributes required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to make and meet commitments and deadlines despite conflicting pressures and competing demands
· Demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently
· Ability to show initiative and resourcefulness
If you have questions regarding this role, please contact Juanita Graves directly on 02 4570 4283.
WestRock is a supportive, global business with opportunities to develop your career both here and overseas for the right candidate. If you believe you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience to be successful in this role, please apply now.