HR Coordinator - Marion, North Carolina
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
HR Coordinator - Marion, North Carolina
1659 East Court St.
Marion, North Carolina, 28752
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist with administrative functions of the plant’s Human Resources department, including recordkeeping, creating and updating spreadsheets, and screening job candidates. Maintain confidentiality of employee records. Utilize creative abilities to implement cost effective solutions. Maintain all HR files. Lead change by improving processes and procedures and by supporting new policies, procedures, programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains employee files and records.
- Participates in and supports initiatives related to recruiting and fair hiring practices, benefits and compensation structures, diversity, training, organizational development, safety and quality programs.
- Manages time and attendance in Kronos, and acts as backup for processing payroll using Kronos and PeopleSoft.
- Collaborates with the Area HR Manager to support recruiting, interviewing, applicant tracking and onboarding efforts.
- Participates as a Training and Development Pillar team member
- Manages recognition programs for service, safety, quality and production.
- Collaborates with Area HR Manager to develop or update job descriptions, establishes appropriate screening and interview methods, and determines best practices in recruiting and advertising strategies.
- Assists with and supports the unemployment claim process for the facility. Under direction of Area HR Manager, gathers and organizes appropriate documentation, coordinates witnesses, and participates hearings, if needed.
- Conducts exit interviews and generates reports on results, trends and other relevant information.
- Maintains accurate documentation and records for all employee matters that have been managed to closure.
- Conducts training sessions and facilitates meetings as needed.
- Oversees company sponsored community related initiatives in order to maintain effective community relations.
- Executes special projects and assignments as needed.
- Responsible for continued education in all aspects of HR knowledge, including new trends and developments in the profession.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Human Resources administration experience is required.
- PHR or equivalent HR Certification is a plus.
- Previous recruiting experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate ability to understand and follow company policies and procedures.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be well organized and able to manage time effectively, including managing multiple high priority tasks.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organization skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management and potential candidates.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, good judgment and decision making ability.
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.