The Los Angeles, CA location is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator that will be Responsible for the administrative functions of the plant’s Human Resources department, including recordkeeping, maintaining organizational charts, creating and updating spreadsheets, orienting new employees, answering benefits questions, screening job candidates.
How you will impact WestRock
- Sets up non-exempt new hires in payroll and HR systems; processes status changes.
- Maintains up-to-date personnel files on each employee.
- Manages I-9s; ensure they are complete, accurate, and updated as needed.
- Creates and updates Excel spreadsheets as required.
- Files confidential documents.
- Conducts new hire orientation and prepares paperwork.
- Screens job candidates and arranges job interviews.
- Checks employment references.
- Ensures drug tests and background checks are done in accordance with company policy.
- Answers benefits questions and assists with benefits enrollment.
- Handles safety and workers’ compensation reporting.
- Tracks HR metrics (new hires, temps, terminations, etc.)
- Provides data to TPAs as needed.
- Implements recruitment efforts including advertising as directed by HR Manager.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and company posting requirements.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or minimum three years’ related experience and/or training.
- Ability to be discreet and adhere to strict confidentiality policies.
- Must be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate in writing.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have mathematical ability to perform calculations required by the job.
- Must be computer literate including the ability to maintain basic databases, do word processing, create and maintain spreadsheets using Excel.
- Must be well-organized and able to manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.