About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Human Resources Coordinator/Generalist – Lanett, Alabama
3500 45th Street SW, PO Box 728
Lanett, Alabama, 36863
The Human Resources Coordinator will work closely with the Human Resources Manager and Plant Leadership Team to achieve the short and long-term goals for the facility. Lanett is a 24/7 operation with approximately 410 employees, including a folding carton manufacturing plant and a distribution warehouse. The HR Coordinator will provide support with communication, interpretation, and adherence of company policy as it relates to employment, staffing, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations and regulatory compliance, to also include the WestRock Values and Code of Conduct. Experience with talent management and staffing are a high priority. Problem solving, and conflict resolution are important skills to be successful in this role. This position reports directly to the Lanett Human Resources Manager.
How you Will Impact Westrock:
· Assist HR Manager with meeting the staffing needs of the Lanett plant and warehouse, including the selection, testing, and hiring of employees as well as conducting new employee orientation. This may include scheduling pre-employment background checks and drug screening for potential new hires.
· Conducts periodic training on applicable employment topics and company policy.
· Active participation in the Performance Excellence and Safety initiatives.
· Responsible for the administrative aspects of the human resources function including maintaining records and confidential employee files, providing statistical and regulatory reporting.
· Process payroll – send file to Time and Attendance for processing
· Communicate and assist with corporate benefits programs.
· Promote and adhere to WestRock Values and Behaviors.
· Under the direction of the HR Manager may be involved in community related activities, as related to the business … United Way, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s Degree, highly preferred, or equivalent experience in human resources.
· 1 - 3 years of professional HR experience
· manufacturing environment of 200+ employees is preferred
· Human Resources Certification preferred: PHR, SHRM-CP
· Flexibility to provide HR service and support to off shifts, including nights and weekends, as needed.
· Successful experience with employee relations in a non-bargaining environment.
· Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse
workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.