Human Resources Representative - Kimball TN
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Human Resources Representative - Kimball TN
2048 Industrial Blvd
Kimball, Tennessee, 37347
The Human Resources Representative is responsible for assuring consistency in our employee relations and human resources practices by supporting these functions at individual locations and across the division. This position is based in Kimball, TN.
How you will impact Westrock
· As a Critical member of the Plant Leadership Team you will Lead employee relations initiatives and act as advocate for employees and leadership
· Administer company policies and procedures and maintain confidential employee files and records for TN plant site and satellite Nevada location
· Participate and support initiatives related to recruiting, fair hiring practices, benefits, compensation, diversity, training, and organizational development
· Manage facility’s recruiting and selection efforts, for hourly and salaried roles, including but not limited to utilizing the Talent Management system for job requisition approval and posting, interviewing, and pre-employment testing, on boarding process for new employees including new hire orientation and recognition programs for service, safety, quality and production
· Develop business partnerships with managers and supervisors regarding adherence to company policies and procedures. Develop trust and confidence in all levels of employees and managers. Provide guidance in employee performance issues, discipline and termination, unemployment claim process for the facility and conduct exit interviews and generate reports.
· Manage compensation and employee transactions for payroll to include hiring, terminations, job movements, rate changes. Maintain and upkeep the time and attendance system for the location, ensuring compliance with company policy as well as state and local laws and maintain compliance.
· Work in the Talent Management system and be able to administer the performance review process, participate in the succession planning initiatives and understand all modules within Talent Management
· Communicate benefits information to employees. Make recommendations for new programs, policies, training and development opportunities. Conduct training sessions and facilitate meetings as needed. Oversee company sponsored community relations initiatives. Handle all aspects of leave management to include FMLA, STD, LTD, Military, ADA, LOA; Manage compensation and employee transactions for payroll to include hiring, terminations, job movements, rate changes, etc. Maintain and upkeep the time and attendance system for the location of responsibility ensuring compliance with company policy as well as state and local laws.
What you need to succeed
· BS/BA in Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Human Resources or related discipline.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of Human Resources generalist experience in a manufacturing environment with proven track record in Employee Relations, Training & Development and HR Technology.
· Professional communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with personnel at all levels of the Company. Clear, concise written and verbal.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations, from both a legal compliance and business perspective, and make the best recommendation based on the facts.
· Good judgment and ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
· Interpersonal flexibility and strong customer service orientation.
· A self-starter with a strong ability to multitask and manage a variety of issues/projects simultaneously; able to work autonomously; ability to meet multiple deadlines.
· Experience working with HRMS systems.
· Develop strong trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results.
· Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
· Take initiative to identify and anticipate business/HR needs and make recommendations for implementation.
· PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.