About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
HR Generalist - Dallas, TX
1455 Terre Colony Court
Dallas, Texas, 75212
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for ensuring compliance with company policies, managing facility employee relations, employee communications, and recruitment under supervision of HR Manager who is not onsite. Maintains all HR files. Works with Human Resources Manager to ensure that approved compensation structure is fairly and accurately administered. Ensures performance evaluations are done timely and accurately. Implements corporate HR initiatives. Leads change by improving processes and procedures and by supporting new policies, procedures, programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintains compliance with state and federal employment laws as well as company policies and procedures.
· Tracks and reports on HR metrics.
· Tracks employee statistics for mandatory government reporting.
· Consults with Human Resources Manager to ensure fair and equitable administration wage and benefit programs.
· Maintains positive employee relations ensuring union-free environments, including the identification of breaches of culture/values that impact the work environment.
· Investigates employee relations issues and partners Human Resources Manager to resolve.
· In conjunction with Human Resources Manager, analyzes turnover to identify trends and develop and implement retention strategies.
· Manages new employee orientation and onboarding program.
· Ensures the availability of an adequate, well trained workforce to support the operational goals of the facility by partnering with operations to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
· Sources candidates, screens resumes, arranges interview team schedules, ensures compliance to all company policy and procedure related to hiring.
· Works with managers to ensure performance reviews are done timely and accurately. Works with the Human Resources Manager to develop employee improvement plans.
· Drives and executes company HR initiatives.
· Conducts training, including front line supervisor training, in HR related areas (interviewing, coaching etc.).
· Ensures employee files are maintained in accordance with company policy.
· Conducts annual open enrollment meetings.
· Works with Human Resources Manager to manage worker’s compensation claims. Keeps Human Resources Manager up to date on progress of all claims.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma + minimum of five years' HR experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree + minimum 3 years' HR experience is preferred. Must have strong knowledge of state and federal employment law.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills, including negotiation, persuasion and conflict resolution abilities.
- Must have time management and organizational skills required, including the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products with strong emphasis in Excel and Word, Outlook and HRIS software.
- Must have a strong work-ethic as well as a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to relate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must have mathematical ability to perform calculations required by the job.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Must be available for managers and employees at various hours of the day and night.
- Must be willing to work evening and night shifts periodically.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.