Server and Bartender - Woodbine, GA
Server and Bartender - Woodbine, GA
3852 Union Carbide Rd
Woodbine, Georgia, 31569
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Cabin Bluff is part of WestRock’s Land and Development business. Enjoying a rich history as a world-class hunting and fishing destination, Cabin Bluff retains a rough-hewn quality, yet has not relinquished its standing as a destination built upon simple elegance and attention to service.
Here is a chance to be part of a team providing outstanding food and beverage/bartending service in the unique setting that is Cabin Bluff. This position is primarily assigned to the dinner service shift. In this job, you’ll prepare tables, side stands, and bar set-ups for guests. You will be serving and clearing meals, ensuring any special guest requests and needs are communicated and addressed. In serving alcohol, you have responsibility to be certain to comply with all legal requirements and attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by following TIPS training. Employees in this job may also be required to clean and prepare guest rooms and other service areas to Cabin Bluff standards.
What you need to succeed:
Cabin Bluff adheres to a drug-free workplace. You must be able to successfully complete a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- Hotel, lodge, or restaurant food service experience preferred
- FLEXIBILITY IN WORK HOURS AND SCHEDULE IS REQUIRED; JOB REQUIRES WORKING EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS -- position includes overtime pay for hours
worked over 40 in a week
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Knowledge of alcoholic beverages; TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) certification a plus
- Ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively; demonstrate respect for the individual
- Must have patience and the ability to address and resolve problems in changing situations
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional people skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to report to work as scheduled, neatly groomed, with a polished, professional appearance
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for prolonged periods
- Ability to work for extended time periods in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold,
wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and fume hazards
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Training with learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.