Housekeeper -- Woodbine, GA
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Housekeeper -- Woodbine, GA
Cabin Bluff is part of WestRock’s Land and Development business. Enjoying a rich history as a world-class hunting and fishing destination, Cabin Bluff retains a rough-hewn quality, yet has not relinquished its standing as a destination built upon simple elegance and attention to service. Cabin Bluff represents one of the finest retreat facilities in North America. The updated main lodge and cabins provide 20 private rooms with private baths, providing up to 40 guests a private and uncrowded experience. The Coolidge Tavern, lodge dining room, pool house and outdoor cookout venue offer a diversity of locations for guests to enjoy full-bar service and fresh, distinctly Southern fare. The 1700-square foot conference center can host groups of up to 50.
Here’s a chance to deliver the kind of service and attention that makes our Cabin Bluff guests feel pampered. Working as part of our Guest Services team, you will clean and prepare guest rooms and other service areas to the exceptional standards that set Cabin Bluff apart. Although the primary focus of this position is housekeeping, you may also be required to provide food and beverage service when the need arises.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Completely clean and maintain guest rooms to Cabin Bluff standards of excellence
- Ensure guest rooms are properly supplied and ready for occupancy
- Stock guest room and common area refrigerators, coffee stations, snacks, and bars
- Communicate guest special requests and needs;address guest concerns with a “make it happen” attitude
- Clean windows, porches and balconies, and perform deep cleaning as instructed
- Wash, clean, and fold laundry in a timely manner
- Maintain room attendant carts, linen closet and storage/supply rooms in a clean and orderly fashion; maintain all supplies and report when low
- Deliver quality food and beverage service, if/when assigned
- Maintain a knowledge of current guest services, activities, dining options, shops, local attractions, and historical information regarding Cabin Bluff and the surrounding area to answer questions guests may have
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- Hotel/lodge housekeeping experience preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively as a team; demonstrate respect for the individual
- Must have patience and the ability to address and resolve problems in changing situations
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have flexibility in work days and schedule, including weekends
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for prolonged periods, including working overhead
- Ability to work for extended time periods in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and fume hazards
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of WestRock application process, including the use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at:
EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: +1-855-698-6969 to be confirmed (Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned). One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resource members will work with you to provide alternate means to submit your application.