Guest Services Assistant -- Woodbine, GA
Guest Services Assistant -- Woodbine, GA
3852 Union Carbide Rd
Woodbine, Georgia, 31569
Cabin Bluff is a part of WestRock’s Land and Development business. Cabin Bluff enjoys a rich history and heritage as a world-class hunting and fishing destination. Host to Presidents and distinguished sporting enthusiasts from around the world, Cabin Bluff retains a rough-hewn quality, yet has not relinquished its standing as a destination built upon simple elegance and attention to service
Do you have the ability to make a genuine connection with our guests? You must be excited about greeting guests and providing them with a hospitable environment and a memorable experience -- whether greeting them, ringing up their purchases, or even telling them about Cabin Bluff and the surrounding area. If you share in our passion to connect and create meaningful experiences, and have a desire to meet new people, we invite you to inquire about this opportunity.
The primary role of this position is to assist the Guest Services Manager with maintaining, managing, and staffing the Outfitters Shop. Other duties may include assisting with housekeeping duties, interior decor/design of guest facilities, managing utilities such as telephone and satellite TV systems, and ordering housekeeping supplies.
How you will impact WestRock and Cabin Bluff:
In this job, your key responsibilities are to order, stock, and manage the Outfitter shop inventory. You’ll manage pricing, displays, and sale racks and track sales. This position will provide guest services as needed, assisting with guest arrivals and departures, special events, and help in other departments. We’ll want you to pay attention to the décor and atmosphere in guest cabins and common areas and make suggestions for improvements. As part of ensuring an outstanding guest experience, you will maintain and trouble shoot systems such as internet, television, and telephone services.
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- Two years of higher end retail shop/pro shop experience
- Two years of guest services experience at a quality resort or hotel operation strongly preferred
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Demonstrated strong customer service focus
- Working knowledge of retail shop operations, sales management, and business
- Exceptional people and sales skills
- Good word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and email computer skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Must have basic math skills; able to add and subtract two-digit numbers, and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s using units of American money; able to calculate change amounts
- Business accounting experience preferred
- Keen sense of quality awareness and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- FLEXIBILITY IN WORK HOURS AND SCHEDULE IS REQUIRED; JOB REQUIRES WORKING WEEKENDS
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull, and walk for prolonged periods
- Must have the ability to work for extended time periods in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, and push up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of WestRock application process, including the use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at:
EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: +1-855-698-6969 to be confirmed (Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned). One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resource members will work with you to provide alternate means to submit your application.