Cook - Woodbine, GA
Cook - Woodbine, GA
3852 Union Carbide Rd
Woodbine, Georgia, 31569
About Cabin Bluff:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; additional culinary training strongly desired
- A minimum of one year of culinary experience cooking from scratch in a professional kitchen such as a hotel, resort or quality restaurant
- Ability to read and follow standardized recipes
- Servsafe Certification preferred
- Ability to identify stock, soup and sauce products by taste and appearance
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English and to courteously present information in one-on-one and in group situations
- Ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to easily adapt to organizational and environmental changes
- Exceptional people skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to report to work as scheduled, neatly groomed, with a polished, professional appearance
- Flexibility in work days and times required
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for prolonged periods
- Ability to work for extended time periods in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels
- Ability to use sharp knives safely and proficiently
- Ability to operate gas-fired and electric ranges and ovens, steam kettles, broilers, tilting pan, deep fryer, slow roaster, grill, grinder and chopper, slicer, scales, mixers and potato peeler safely and proficiently
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and fume hazards
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Training with learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A position with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.