Chef de Cuisine
Chef de Cuisine
3852 Union Carbide Rd
Woodbine, Georgia, 31569
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
About Cabin Bluff:
Cabin Bluff is a part of our WestRock Land and Development business. Established in 1928, Cabin Bluff enjoys a rich history and heritage as a world-class hunting and fishing destination. Host to Presidents and distinguished sporting enthusiasts from around the world, Cabin Bluff retains a rough-hewn quality, yet has not relinquished its standing as a destination built upon simple elegance and attention to service.
Cabin Bluff represents one of the finest retreat facilities in North America. The updated main lodge and cabins provide 20 private rooms with private baths, providing up to 40 guests a private and uncrowded experience. The Coolidge Tavern, lodge dining room, pool house and outdoor cookout venue offer a diversity of locations for guests to enjoy full-bar service and fresh, distinctly Southern fare. The 1700-square foot conference center can host groups of up to 50.
Are you someone who loves working with food and is passionate about producing a quality product and culinary experience? Cabin Bluff is a unique environment, with a team dedicated to delivering an amazing and memorable stay for our guests. Come be a part of it!
As Chef de Cuisine, you will act as lead worker in the kitchen for scratch-cooking meal preparation and provide day-to-day operational coordination for the shift food and beverage service staff at Cabin Bluff. We want you to address guest concerns with a “make it happen” attitude. Flexibility in hours and schedule are required.
How you will have an impact:
In this job, you will oversee the preparation and presentation of meals. You’ll work directly with the Executive Chef/Food and Beverage Manager to have a good understanding of projects, needs, and expectations of the food and beverage staff. The Chef de Cuisine coordinates kitchen and dining staff, assigning daily areas and tasks, and provides guidance and direction to staff to ensure their activities are providing exceptional guest experiences.
You’ll be tasked with managing kitchen expenses while delivering the highest quality product to our guests. Analyze service quality issues and take the necessary steps to improve. Assist in menu development, documentation, and implementation using your knowledge of classical, regional, and seasonal cuisine and ingredients, techniques, and training.
What you need to succeed:
WestRock adheres to a drug-free workplace; must be able to successfully complete background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Culinary training and degree strongly desired
- A minimum of seven years of demonstrated relevant culinary qualification and
scratch-cooking experience in a hotel, resort or quality restaurant; at least one year of experience as a kitchen or restaurant superviosr
- Servsafe Certification preferred
- Ability to speak, read, write and communicate effectively in English and to courteously present information
- Ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively
- Ability to manage competing priorities, be fast and flexible, and to quickly adapt to changes in guest schedules
- Flexibility in work days and times
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull, and walk for prolonged periods
- Ability to work for extended time periods in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels
- Ability to use sharp knives safely and proficiently
- Ability to operate gas-fired and electric kitchen appliances and utensils safely and proficiently
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and fume hazards
- Must be well-groomed with conservative, polished appearance
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
WestRock Company is creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. For us, diversity and inclusion are business drivers and we take it very seriously. It all starts with a diverse employee base operating in an inclusive environment. An environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Click here to find our Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity policy statement.
Westrock participates in E-Verify
We do understand that some of our candidates may require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the WestRock application process, including use of this website. If this is the case for you, please contact us at: EMAIL: email@example.com OR PHONE: 1-800-762-5836. Only phone calls pertaining to disability assistance will be returned. One of our Talent Acquisition or Human Resources members will work with you to provide alternative means to submit your application.