Material Handler - Inventory Control - 2nd shift
GENERAL PURPOSE: Prepares orders for shipment including manual or computerized record keeping and paperwork requirements. Determines the best shipping method to assure timely, cost-effective, undamaged deliveries. Receives incoming shipments according to established procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Accurately records material counts to be shipped.
· Coordinates daily shipping schedule with customer service, purchasing, and production personnel. Notifies appropriate personnel if outgoing shipments will be delayed.
· Prepares and loads materials in a manner that will ensure safe delivery following job jacket and/or customer packing specifications.
· Prepares FedEx orders for shipment including all associated paperwork, recordkeeping, and labeling.
· Satisfies all Perrigo recordkeeping requirements.
· Determines best shipping method utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Maintains accurate records.
· Properly labels all shipments.
· Maintains incoming and outgoing inventory records for specified customer accounts.
· Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages. Responsible for the accuracy of information on packing slips. Notifies appropriate personnel of incoming shipments.
· Stores received materials in proper storage area or routes to proper department.
· Stacks the job in a safe and proper manner. Uses hand lift truck to carry pallets.
· Operates forklift to move or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
· Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the quality checklist for each job.
· Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.; or 6-12 months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have experience in Excel, Outlook, spreadsheets, graphics, scanners, and bar codes.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of loading techniques.
- Must have the ability to operate a label machine.
- Must have the ability to operate the FedEx and UPS meter machines.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: